ACN Latitudes Forums

Phone consult with Dr Trifiletti

As part of my on going quest to find the right answers for DS, I contacted Dr Trifiletti and asked about phone consults.

He replied to me (almost instantly! :) saying he'd be happy to set one up.

Has anyone done this before? What can I expect ie how long does it take, what info should I send beforehand and how much is it likely to cost?

Thanks for any info. I suddenly feel really nervous! What if I don't get the whole story put across accurately?

L

We had a phone consult. It went very well. He had ordered labs for my grandson and shared those results(he also emailed results for us to have before consult) He gave diagnosis after looking at labs and hearing symtoms. It cost 450.00, but well worth it to get some answers. Have your question written down before hand. You will be in my prayers.

We did this too. He sent us a list of labs to have done and we did the phone consult when the results were in. I think the actual phone call took about an hour. I found him very helpful. I also had so much to say, but mostly I listened to him talk about how to interpret the labs and what they meant going forward. I found him difficult (almost impossible) to stay in touch with after 2 initial phone consults. But I don't regret doing them and I'm glad he was part of our journey. I also recommend writing down your questions and/or main concerns, and be ready to take notes while he's talking.

We did this too. He sent us a list of labs to have done and we did the phone consult when the results were in. I think the actual phone call took about an hour. I found him very helpful. I also had so much to say, but mostly I listened to him talk about how to interpret the labs and what they meant going forward. I found him difficult (almost impossible) to stay in touch with after 2 initial phone consults. But I don't regret doing them and I'm glad he was part of our journey. I also recommend writing down your questions and/or main concerns, and be ready to take notes while he's talking.

Did you have to go to U.S. labs or ones in Canada? Did he prescribe abx for your child from the U.S. or does it have to go through a Canadian doctor?

I had called as well to talk about phone consult - and was super surprised when he actually answered the phone! I sent all the labs/behavior descriptions to him, but unfortunately have not heard anything back from him :( That was about 2 weeks ago, and I feel unsure of when to follow up with another phone call - I don't want to hound the guy...

He had told me that he would not be able to treat her unless she was seen by him (we are in Canada, and he is not licensed to treat in Canada, but if we came to him, then it could be done). He also asked if we had a local doctor that he could guide testing/treatment through (which we do).

BUT, I have not heard back from yet, so I have no help for you around what actually happens next :)

Please keep us posted!

Did you have to go to U.S. labs or ones in Canada? Did he prescribe abx for your child from the U.S. or does it have to go through a Canadian doctor?

We used a Canadian lab, but couldn't get all the tests he wanted. Our lab here did not have anti-DNase B or myco p tests. We did all the others though. He did prescribe abx for my child, but you can't fill a US prescription here in Canada unless a Canadian doc co-signs it. So our pedi rewrote the prescriptions for us. If you have to fill a US prescription in Canada you can also use www.CanadaDrugs.com They don't take insurance so you have to pay the full amount, but you get an official prescription receipt which you can submit to your insurance carrier.