ACN Latitudes Forums

Igenex Results Rec'd Today

figured I'd tack on here since my results were posted on the first page.

Got my SON'S Igenex results:

IgM

**41 +

**83/93 +

IgG

**41+

Not quite as 'impressive' as my results, but 83/93 seems to be a significant band particularly in late stage lyme - which coincides with my congenital theory.

Bartonella tests were negative all around, I did the FISH and the IgM/IgG -- what a waste. I still think he has it.

Do any of you know why the description for band 83/93 says it's the specific "antigen" for the lyme bacterium? Other sites describe it as the DNA for Bb. Are the other bands not testing for the same thing? Noticed the wording is very different for this band.

Oh, and his CD57 was also 20.

WBC 3.6 LOW (Range 4.0-9.1)

Neutrophils 38 LOW (Range 40-70)

Lymphs 50 HIGH (Range 20-47)

Neutrophils (Absolute) 1.4 LOW (Range 1.5-5.6)

Not out of range, but worth noting:

Monocytes 10 (Range 3-10)

Hope everyone is doing well. I've been quiet lately, treatment is kicking my butt.

Edited by fightingmom

Here is an interesting article on how the antibodies shift to a Th1 immune response in late stage lyme. It might help you to understand why your son's response is weak and hardly present on Igenex results.

"Although antiborrelial antibodies can be detected in most patients with late disease, in some patients, the antibody responses are weak, delayed, or in rare cases, absent [1415 16]. Immune response in patients with late Lyme borreliosis is shifted toward the Th1 side [17]."

http://www.jleukbio.org/content/82/1/33.full

Here is an interesting article on how the antibodies shift to a Th1 immune response in late stage lyme. It might help you to understand why your son's response is weak and hardly present on Igenex results.

"Although antiborrelial antibodies can be detected in most patients with late disease, in some patients, the antibody responses are weak, delayed, or in rare cases, absent [1415 16]. Immune response in patients with late Lyme borreliosis is shifted toward the Th1 side [17]."

That was interesting. I had to read it again today to wrap my head around all of it. Makes a lot of sense though. Thank you.

My daughter's 83-93 was originally ++positive and continues to show up every time +positive. It's been well over a year. Very persistent.

That's very interesting. Do you believe your daughters lyme is congenital? just curious.

It was your daughter that did the culture test and was positive, right?

That was interesting. I had to read it again today to wrap my head around all of it. Makes a lot of sense though. Thank you.

My daughter's 83-93 was originally ++positive and continues to show up every time +positive. It's been well over a year. Very persistent.

That's very interesting. Do you believe your daughters lyme is congenital? just curious.

possibly, or we both got it at the time of her tick bite- i cant remember if i used my fingers to remove it. but she's had off/on issues since 18 months and then things went haywire after the tick bite. i was positive on the igenex wb dec 2010. just ran neuroscience lyme immune id on myself last week but dont have the results back yet.

Yes, my daughter cultured positive with advanced lab in december, a year after lyme treatment, 5 years after tick bite. Of course, she could have been reinfected - who knows.

• 3 weeks later...

possibly, or we both got it at the time of her tick bite- i cant remember if i used my fingers to remove it. but she's had off/on issues since 18 months and then things went haywire after the tick bite. i was positive on the igenex wb dec 2010. just ran neuroscience lyme immune id on myself last week but dont have the results back yet.

Yes, my daughter cultured positive with advanced lab in december, a year after lyme treatment, 5 years after tick bite. Of course, she could have been reinfected - who knows.

Hey, now did your neuroscience labs come back?