ACN Latitudes Forums

Antibiotics for Autism

This is an abbreviated abstract of the keynote address at the may autism one conference in Chicago. Talks about abx treatment for autism, which I had never heard about before. Sounds an awful lot like the origin of Pandas/Pitands to me.

THE MICROBIAL TRACK

Dr luc Montagnier

There is in the blood of most autistic children-but not in healthy children-DNA sequences that emit, in certain conditions, electromagnetic waves. A therapy first started by a group of independent clinicians and now performed in conjunction with laboratory observations reinforces the idea that systemic bacterial infections play a role in the genesis of symptoms of autism. Our GPs have observed that a long-term therapy consisting of successive antibiotic treatments with accompanying medications induced in 60% of cases a significant improvement-sometimes even a complete resolution of symptoms. Our working hypothesis is that immune dysfunction associated with inflammation of the intestinal mucosa leads to the introduction of bacterial components, including neurotoxins,
into the bloodstream, creating oxidative stress as well as microvascularities, especially affecting meningeal vessels and finally specific neuronal damage.

This is an abbreviated abstract of the keynote address at the may autism one conference in Chicago. Talks about abx treatment for autism, which I had never heard about before. Sounds an awful lot like the origin of Pandas/Pitands to me.

THE MICROBIAL TRACK

Dr luc Montagnier

There is in the blood of most autistic children-but not in healthy children-DNA sequences that emit, in certain conditions, electromagnetic waves. A therapy first started by a group of independent clinicians and now performed in conjunction with laboratory observations reinforces the idea that systemic bacterial infections play a role in the genesis of symptoms of autism. Our GPs have observed that a long-term therapy consisting of successive antibiotic treatments with accompanying medications induced in 60% of cases a significant improvement-sometimes even a complete resolution of symptoms. Our working hypothesis is that immune dysfunction associated with inflammation of the intestinal mucosa leads to the introduction of bacterial components, including neurotoxins,
into the bloodstream, creating oxidative stress as well as microvascularities, especially affecting meningeal vessels and finally specific neuronal damage.

Here's a french video on treating autism with antibiotics (at least some of the kids had Lyme, that's why they were originally on antibiotics).

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16518