ACN Latitudes Forums

tingly hands while sleeping, twitching muscles in sleep

We suspect Aidan has congenital Lyme. I tested IGenex positive on both IGM and IGG about a year ago but have chosen not to treat. It is hard to determine if I actually have symptoms worth treating and we are so consumed with the cost and effort to treat Aidan who who has huge issues that cost doesn't seem worth it for the rest of us.

But, a symptom I have worried about is that my hands get tingly when I sleep. It is not consistent. Lately it has been happening a lot and there was a more than a year ago when it happened a lot but every once in a while in between. I think it is normal for it to happen every once in a while - like if you sleep on hand funny but not every night. I also think that this was activated somewhat by stress.

Early this morning (before wake up time) my other son (11) also came into our room and said that his hand got tingly and was numb. He said that he slept on it funny. He got in bed with me and snuggled up and when he went back to sleep I noticed that he had little muscle twitches (wouldn't notice if i wasn't snuggled up with him) throughout his body that kept going on for a while. Noticed Aidan was doing this one night when he came in the early morning hours to sleep with me. I was wondering if this was normal for kids to have these little twitches while they sleep and if so if it was normal for it to go on for some time.

We suspect Aidan has congenital Lyme. I tested IGenex positive on both IGM and IGG about a year ago but have chosen not to treat. It is hard to determine if I actually have symptoms worth treating and we are so consumed with the cost and effort to treat Aidan who who has huge issues that cost doesn't seem worth it for the rest of us.

But, a symptom I have worried about is that my hands get tingly when I sleep. It is not consistent. Lately it has been happening a lot and there was a more than a year ago when it happened a lot but every once in a while in between. I think it is normal for it to happen every once in a while - like if you sleep on hand funny but not every night. I also think that this was activated somewhat by stress.

Early this morning (before wake up time) my other son (11) also came into our room and said that his hand got tingly and was numb. He said that he slept on it funny. He got in bed with me and snuggled up and when he went back to sleep I noticed that he had little muscle twitches (wouldn't notice if i wasn't snuggled up with him) throughout his body that kept going on for a while. Noticed Aidan was doing this one night when he came in the early morning hours to sleep with me. I was wondering if this was normal for kids to have these little twitches while they sleep and if so if it was normal for it to go on for some time.

One of my dd's lyme symptoms was twitching while she slept. She has been on treatment for one year and that is one of the symptoms that has resolved. I never saw my other daughter twitch like that. I don't think its normal.

twitcing muscles in sleep was a symptom that my kids all had also. i discovered it the same way you did. i also experienced unusual numbness and tingling that started in my hands while i was sleeping or laying down. this symptom got worse as did my childrens twitching. in our case, toxic mold in our home was the cause. we have since moved out and these symptoms have cleared. i would caution you to consider mold in your home as a contributor to poor health. if more than one family member is sick, the odds that your environment is a cause increases. mold illness has virtually the same symptoms as lyme.

My DD (now 16) has had jerking movements while sleeping since birth -- I suspect her Lyme/Bartonella/MycoP was congenital. Since being treated I have not noticed these same jerking movements, although she no longer sleeps with me (thank goodness!), so I can't say for sure. And I started getting tingling/numbness in my hands and arms once I started treating for Bartonella. It went away after going on Rifampin -- I had already been treating my Lyme for over a year with Doxy/Tindamax.