ACN Latitudes Forums

Dr. DeMio (outside Cleveland)

How did you hear about him? That would not be far to drive.

How is your situation been going? Funny thing since your PM about that doctor, which was the one we saw, we ended up calling him again and said all the symptoms returned after the Keflex and he is now trying Augmentin. But the only thing is it does not seem to be working as well. I thought it was stronger than Keflex. I don't know what will happen when this dose is done, so I guess I am looking for any options, Cleveland would not be as far to drive.

If your find out anymore please post it.

Thanks,

Linda

I am near Cleveland and have not heard of this doctor. I don't think anyone in the OH PANDAS group has been to him. There is a Dr (features on the PANS video posted here a couple days ago) near Cleveland who does treat PANDAS and is looking to do IVIG here locally. PM me if you want the name/telephone #.

Edited by jdude

Dr.Demio is well known in the autism comminity of NE Ohio as well as nationally. I believe he has a son with autism also. There is one person in PANDAS ohio group that I knows takes her children to him for both PANDAS and autism but I don't think she frequents this board. We have not been to him but have thought about it. I think he does look at the immune system quite a bit and will order a lot of testing. I also see that know he treats Lyme disease also which I think is relatively new for him - I was suprised when I saw this.

I don't believe he is covered by insurance and can be expensive but I think he will try to order testing that is covered by insurance when possible.

Perhaps you can PM me a email address and I can send it via email to the people I know who have visited him to see if they want to give feedback about Dr DeMio. I also have a friend who takes her autistic son to him but not for PANDAS.