ACN Latitudes Forums

Trazadone

I am quickly realizing how hard it is to treat Lyme and co-infections PLUS manage symptoms at the same time. Sounds stupid, I know, but they are two different jobs, don't you agree?

My DD12 is in week 4 of IV treatment for Babesia and Bartonella (not Lyme). Neuropyschiatric symptoms reared their ugly heads a few months ago - we have been at the treatment now for 1 year. She has anxiety, intrusive thoughts, trouble falling asleep, nightmares, night waking. She was my neurotypical kid.

I am well-versed in psychiatric meds/therapy, etc. If you read my other posts you will see I've been dealing with psychiatric symptoms with my son for most of his 14 years (he is also under Lyme treatment).

Doc prescribed Trazadone for her sleep issues. I am not familiar with this drug. All I know is that it's been around a long time.

Would love to hear other's experiences with this drug. We are hoping it will temporarily give her some relief.

BTW, I've used Valerian Root (doesn't help), Melatonin (gives her bad, vivid dreams). She is loaded up each day with GABA and a million other supplements.

Thanks much.

Edited by mdmom

I am quickly realizing how hard it is to treat Lyme and co-infections PLUS and manage symptoms at the same time. Sounds stupid, I know, but they are two different jobs, don't you agree?

My DD12 is in week 4 of IV treatment for Babesia and Bartonella (not Lyme). Neuropyschiatric symptoms reared their ugly heads a few months ago - we have been at the treatment now for 1 year. She has anxiety, intrusive thoughts, trouble falling asleep, nightmares, night waking. She was my neurotypical kid.

I am well-versed in psychiatric meds/therapy, etc. If you read my other posts you will see I've been dealing with psychiatric symptoms with my son for most of his 14 years (he is also under Lyme treatment).

Doc prescribed Trazadone for her sleep issues. I am not familiar with this drug. All I know is that it's been around a long time.

Would love to hear other's experiences with this drug. We are hoping it will temporarily give her some relief.

BTW, I've used Valerian Root (doesn't help), Melatonin (gives her bad, vivid dreams). She is loaded up each day with GABA and a million other supplements.

Thanks much.

I tried trazadone for sleep several years ago (I've tried many things too). I believe that it gave me disturbing vivid dreams and didn't work all that well. That was just me though, I've heard it works well for some.

The bad, disturbing dreams could be from Babesia.

I started taking Trazadone about 5 years ago, right after I had my last child (and I think after that birth my Lyme and co. really started to hit me hard)

I went to regular Dr. and said I CANNOT fall asleep at night, cannot turn my brain off, I am so full of anxiety.

It does help me fall right asleep.

But, it didn't keep me asleep all night, which is my own issue, again related to infections.

But it did help me fall right asleep. No weird affects.

Yes, I had tried time- released melatonin, had a bad experience with it, again, just me.

My dd uses regular melatonin, works for her.

Edited by S & S

Our psychiatrist has it as a prn med for ds13 agitation/aggression now. NOT impressed in the least. He cautioned us about the snoozy side effects----HA!--I have a feeling this will go in the abort pile. Crossing our fingers the positive stuff from IVIG this weekend will continue.

Dawn