ACN Latitudes Forums

babesia duncani

He has no symptoms. All other coinfections neg. But they forgot to draw for lyme so JUST had to redraw it....grr

Do you think ivig could make this wacky? I am thinking it could. Still going to follow up. It doesnt sit right with me. Reg abx dont treat it. Need something like mepron...

There were a few other qs about blood test results, i am going to post a new thread.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lab corp for.us: neg for.bartonella and other coinfections, cdc pos lyme and babesia wa-1 1:512

my daughter had been sick (night sweats , pain, fatigue) for about 5 months, psych symptoms for about 6-7months before that test.

she was treated with mepron and abx and herbals

I hope she is feeling better now! These poor kids!!

Question...I thought I read somewhere about a rash with little red dots, I have had that on my stomach for a long time. Sometimes they are much more obvious, other times they fade. Right now it's VERY bright red and a few more dots are showing up. Am I crazy, or is this somehow related to coinfections? Look like red freckles.

thank-physically the treatment did help. mentally it did not . that is when we went the pandas route.

I.do not remember a rash like that, but she had the stretch marks that come and go.

the red "freckles" maybe petechiae-.look up images and see.

when were those labs drawn?

I think antibody type testing can show false positives for many weeks after ivig. they are getting other people 's immune cells after all!

one of my other children had a slightly.positive titer for typhoid after ivig. it was part of some panel our pcp ordered for her anemia. we tegarded as a false pos post ivig.

Edited by PowPow

we do not see dr b. these labs were from 3 years ago, I was just commenting on it.

however same child had high homocysteine this fall. I do not think B12 had been tested.

What are you seeing from those labs?

Edited by PowPow

Fighting Mom: The red freckled rash is a petechia rash and is associated with Babesia.

If the Babesia test was a Babesia FISH or PCR test it is not looking at antibodies and would not cross react with IVIG. Here is a little blurb on the PCR/FISH testing.

"The PCR assay detects DNA and can be performed on fresh or archived clinical specimens. The FISH assay is performed on thin blood smears and detects the ribosomal RNA of Babesia (thereby indicating active infection)."

-Wendy

we do not see dr b. these labs were from 3 years ago, I was just commenting on it.

however same child had high homocysteine this fall. I do not think B12 had been tested.

What are you seeing from those labs?

Oh sorry, I'm confusing myself with who is seeing who. B12 was in normal range, but I have read that this is pretty much useless, because it just measures cobalamin in blood, but doesn't mean anything when it comes to methylation pathways. However, our homocycsteine was on the low end. The range runs from 5-15 I think it was and my son's labs were 5. This is on par with my suspicion of high histamine and undermethylation, so I feel like I'm piecing things together. Also, saw improvement with zinc and that coincides, too. Don't want to hijack this thread, just thought since Bulldog saw Dr. B. recently too (and I thought you did, sorry) it may be on their labs, too. Just curious.

No worries, the more info the betteR!

B12 normak and vit d low normal here.Of course I think of all these q's AFTER my appt and if i call aI wont get past the receptionist. Our next appt is 8 weeks out! That was the first avail....

Vitamin D was either 17 or 11...I am having a very hard time keeping that number straight. I think it was 17 though and that was pretty low. I started supplementing the night we came home.

Our next appt is for allergy testing and is in 5-6 weeks, but the more I think about it, it seems stupid to keep going with that. "Allergies" are not our issue - not true allergies.

Fighting Mom: The red freckled rash is a petechia rash and is associated with Babesia.

If the Babesia test was a Babesia FISH or PCR test it is not looking at antibodies and would not cross react with IVIG. Here is a little blurb on the PCR/FISH testing.

"The PCR assay detects DNA and can be performed on fresh or archived clinical specimens. The FISH assay is performed on thin blood smears and detects the ribosomal RNA of Babesia (thereby indicating active infection)."

-Wendy

Oh, goodie. I thought I had read something like that somewhere. Thanks, Wendy!

Hi everyone,

Is this info. strictly for Lyme? Sometimes it is confusing for me as there is a lot of info on Lyme and I am not sure what would apply for me being a pandas only parent. Please don't take this the wrong way as I do understand the need for some overlap and general info, but it has been getting very in depth and confusing for me. I just wonder if the in depth info wouldnt be better served on the Lyme board.

I have been on the forum for quite some time and it is hard for me to decipher which is for pandas and which is for Lyme,so I can imagine how a new person feels.

Again, I really hope I have not offended anyone. It is not my intention as everyone has been wonderful on the forum. Just trying to get some clarity.

Thank you for understanding, and as one member said, "please don't throw rotten tomatoes at my post." ha ha!