ACN Latitudes Forums

Please sign petition opposing AB2109!

The CA State Assembly Health Committee is meeting today to discuss this bill. It would require California parents to have their pediatrician sign off on a philosophical exemption for vaccines. Doctors can sign off or not at their discretion. This is just one more step being taken in the direction of limiting parental rights to make healthcare decisions in California. Recently a law was passed allowing doctors to vaccinate kids (both boys and girls) 12 and up for sexually transmitted diseases (vaccines such as Gardisil) without parental knowledge or permission. Now they are trying to make it more difficult for us to say no to the vaccines we still have authority over.

Please click on this link and sign the petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/the-ca-state-house-oppose-ab2109

They have over 1200 signatures so far, and it looks like the goal is 1500 before they submit it.

Do you know if this will also then exclude religious belief exemption?

Trying to sign this petition, but it keeps blanking out on me, believe me, I will be trying all night (CA here) but I'd sign it for any other state.

All I can say is Lord have mercy on the soul that tries to vaccinate one of my daughters with the Gardisil vaccine, without my consent, behind my back, probably using scare tatics or peer pressure to get them to take it.

I am afraid to put in writing what I would do.

My 14 year old son would know to say 'no freakin' way.'

I still cannot believe our Governor signed that bill. Money grubbing so and so. Arg!!

Edited by S & S

I signed! I am in FL and we don't have a philosophical exemption, but our religious one seems to work pretty well, as long as one knows their rights. I have had several friends who have gone in to get it only to be "bullied" by the nurse, or asked by the nurse to name a specific religion etc and they walk out without it. Needless to say, I knew my rights and have mine!