ACN Latitudes Forums

Quoting: "those that have had strep for a long time may not show a

Just saw this quoted in another thread I think by fightingmom, and she mentioned that it had been discussed. It was sort of a holy $h1t moment for me in some way, even knowing that there are plenty of PANS kids without titers being high. I can't find where this was discussed, but am curious if there is scientific literature or anything (even someone who talked to a pandas doctor...) that explains this theory. Makes me wonder if dd really DOES have subacute strep hiding in her tonsils, and has for so long (causing chronic symptoms) but no longer gets high titers???

Thanks.

Hi - I also saw someone post recently that either Dr L or Dr M (can't remember which) said that those with MTHFR polymorphisms that impact the methylation pathway, aren't showing a rise in titers...

I was reading up on lyme and found some references that basically seemed to say that if you had been infected for a very long time the body may no longer show antibodies, or they may not show. I would assume that at a certain point the body stops recognizing certain viruses/bacteria/fungi, etc. as being foreign if they have been living there for exceptionally long periods of time. At the end of the day though, it all boils back to autoimmune deficiency, disorder, etc. It seems none of us would be here if these kids had immune systems that were working properly. It's been referenced many times that a lack of elevated titers does not mean that you are not dealing with PANDAS, so it seems that the experts are suggesting that you can be infected or exposed to strep and other offenders, but not show the immune response via antibodies/titers.

My DS10 has the MTHFR C677T homozygous polymorphism and showed high titres for the first few years of our tracking him. They are normal now -- but he was treated with abx for over a year, so that may be why they lowered. But he did have the polymorphism and *did* show titre rise. (I am heterozygous and also show high levels (am asymptomatic for strep).

Hi - I also saw someone post recently that either Dr L or Dr M (can't remember which) said that those with MTHFR polymorphisms that impact the methylation pathway, aren't showing a rise in titers...

Found this explanation helpful for me. It's from a fertility forum, I believe, but the concepts were the same.

IVIG - Explained!

Posting a reply from one of our members (rb1) on an explanation of what IVIG actually is/does....: (thanks rb1 great stuff! )

IVIG is a solution of globulins containing antibodies normally present in adult human blood. Globulins are simple proteins that provide immunity against disease. A protein is made up of several amino acids, which are the microscopic building blocks that make up all cells. Many globulins are inherited, so that the body is able from birth to fight off bacteria and other infections. IVIG is used for maintenance treatment of people who are unable to produce sufficient amounts of immune globulin antibodies. . IVIG can help prevent or treat infections such as meningitis, bacteremia, osteomyelitis, septic arthritis, acute sinusitis, pneumonia, acute mastoiditis, or abscess of an internal organ.

The immune response to a foreign protein is to neutralize or destroy the antigen. An antigen is a protein marker on the surface of a cell that identifies the cell as "self" or "nonself" An antigen can cause the production of antibodies. Antibodies are complex compounds made by the white blood cells (WBCs) that combine with specific antigens to destroy or control bacterial infections. As bacteria enter the body, WBCs produce antibodies to provide protection against illness.

This is the sceintific version. This is administered via IV and takes approx 2.5-3hours to infuse. It basically realigns all the cells that may be destroying the embryo prior to, or shortly after implantation.

This therapy has been used for many many years for people who suffer with all kinds of immune issues that make them sick. I met a women whose immune system had been ravaged due to Downs and she has been getting infusions for 20years with no ill

side effects.

Taken from: http://www.fertilethoughts.com/forums/immune-issues/710721-immunology-dr-beers-testing-ivig-explained-fish-oil-info.html