ACN Latitudes Forums

detoxification

I'm looking to start detox for my daughter. I am going to try Epson salt baths and lemon water. I'm trying to figure out what else to do and not sure where to start?

I am also looking into glutathione, which I will bring up when I talk to LLMD. From what I have read it can sometimes cause side effects such as hyperactivity, irritability and sometimes increased OCD behaviors. And I think we need some lab work done before starting it. Has anyone ever had side.effects after starting this?

I do not think my DD would go in a sauna.

I'm looking to start detox for my daughter. I am going to try Epson salt baths and lemon water. I'm trying to figure out what else to do and not sure where to start?

I am also looking into glutathione, which I will bring up when I talk to LLMD. From what I have read it can sometimes cause side effects such as hyperactivity, irritability and sometimes increased OCD behaviors. And I think we need some lab work done before starting it. Has anyone ever had side.effects after starting this?

I do not think my DD would go in a sauna.

We do epsom salt baths nightly, activated charcoal every several days, Metamucil to suck up and flush out those toxins. Juice of one lemon, altho I have read that dr Garth Nicholson uses 2 entire lemons, blended, a cup of water and I believe half cup of olive oil. Blend all together, strain, drink remainder. Have not tried that one yet! Additionally I feel it's important to rebuild along with detoxing, it has helped us. We use goat kefir daily, which is an excellent source of magnesium, vit k, probiotics and tryptophan. We use a product from apex energetics that our naturopath recommends called glutathione recycler. It is not enough to merely add glutathione, even liposomal is hard to absorb, and this keeps the existing and supplemented glutathione at a constant level. We also take a product called nitric balance, which is an amino acid supplement containing ATP, NAC and alpha-GPC. Also using selenium, vit d3, b's, inisotol, vit c, garlic (she loves roasted!😜) flaxseed and coconut oil. This has made a big difference for my daughter.

We as well are working to detox and build health. One additionaly item-we have started working with is iodine-Lugol's solution. Iodine is an essential nutriment that most are now deficient in. Iodine is a chelator of heavy metals-aluminum, mercury etc. Chlorine, floride and bromine(heavily used in agriculture and flour additive) displaces iodine in the body creating deficiency.

Iodine is one of the most potent antibiotics, antivirals, antifungals, antiparasitics-used in hospitals as a cleaner, hand santizer and during surgery for these reasons.

Iodine is required by all cells of the body and nourishes glands.

Currently my kids are getting 4mg(50 pounds) and 6 mg(80 pounds). Adult daily requirement is about 12 mg per day.

There are a few docs working with this including doctor brownstein in the states.

I think of detox in three categories:

•  
  • put stuff in to help the body's detox systems
  • help the body bind up toxins so they stop circulating
  • excrete the toxins

Things that help the body:

glutathione - the mother of all anti-oxidants. But as Coco said, glutathione is poorly absorbed. We've used liposomal, some use cremes. They may help but it's hard to put a lot into the system.

Other antioxidants -

alpha lipoic acid - a precursor to glutathione, but I wouldn't use until you've ruled out metals.

resveratrol - a really good antioxidant.

milk thistle - speeds up a specific liver pathway, which helps the liver detox more efficiently. However, it's related to ragweed, so be cautious if you have a ragweed allergy. Also google to make sure you're not on any contra-indicated medications. MT can cause certain medications to metabolize too quickly or too slowly, resulting in an unintended level in your body.

coconut water - have never used - others may have info

lemon water or any water to flush the kidneys

zinc/B6 - essential to the body's trans-sulfuration (detox) pathway

Things to bind toxins - (take binders away from abx)

activated charcoal

bentonite clay

chlorella

chelators - DMSA, DMPS, EDTA

pysillium husk- to help things from getting compacted/stuck in the bowels

Things to help elimination

magnesium (to help transit time)

fiber/miralax (ditto)

epsom salt baths - elimination thru the skin

sweat/sauna - elimination thru the skin

exercise - aids transit time and sweat

water/hydration

I'm sure there are many others to add to this list. Hopefully other people will jog my memory and add their ideas.

You don't have to do all of these things and I'd only add one at a time to measure any effects. Some of these things are more practical than others depending on the kid. Pick your battles. I'd also work with your doctor to build a plan that's tailored - especially on supplements. When we added zinc/B6 for pyroluria, it came with the expectation we'd go thru a rough spot as detox started to really kick in. The "worse before better" thing. Having a medical sounding board was key. Wouldn't have known what to do - or how much - without the LLMD's advice.