ACN Latitudes Forums

Nausea

Hi

Our 11 y.o. has chronic nausea. Promethazine helps some and he has tried everything OTC, but suffers with it non-stop. I see native remedies has QueseX. Has anyone tried it? Anything else work? We have tried the ginger, and all the other health food store stuff. I think if his nausea cleared, he would feel a million times better.

Flow chart appears to be Nausea = shaking (anxiety/tics)= feeling awful = emotional episodes (over-reacting to everything, crying, anger).

Thanks

Hi - another thing u might want to consider is a mast cell stabiliser such as cromolyn. Mast cells behaving badly can cause a plethora of GI symptoms. Something like cromolyn is expensive but has a great safety record. It has been overtaken by newer drugs for most issues 'cos of ease of dosing mainly - you have to take cromolyn 4 times a day in water but it is colorless, odorless and tasteless. It can take up to 2-3 weeks for full efficacy, I believe. It has to be rxd. Don't know if it will help but maybe something to consider....

We are having success with Carafate, an rx that coats the stomach. My ds17 lost 20lbs in January when the nausea would not let up. In the hospital, he was given Zofran and Protonix (both by IV.) Now, at home, he is taking Prilosec and Carafate. His GI could not find any reason for the nausea, so we are left to manage it.

I hope you find something that works for your son. My went through three years of flares before it became serious enough for someone to really pay attention to it.

Hi

Our 11 y.o. has chronic nausea. Promethazine helps some and he has tried everything OTC, but suffers with it non-stop. I see native remedies has QueseX. Has anyone tried it? Anything else work? We have tried the ginger, and all the other health food store stuff. I think if his nausea cleared, he would feel a million times better.

Flow chart appears to be Nausea = shaking (anxiety/tics)= feeling awful = emotional episodes (over-reacting to everything, crying, anger).

Thanks

DS gets it when he has strep. Even when we don't know it's strep by other symptoms. Nausea goes away when the strep is finally treated properly (usually at that point, we have had to resort to either IV or injections. BTW, we also give a lot of probiotics all the time (sacchromyces has been our basic one, but we also switch around with another one, which is determined by a holistic chiropractor doing muscle testing. Check for strep (ASO.)