ACN Latitudes Forums

Wondering

mar

I know this might sound silly but please hear me out. My ds cousin was Freddy crouger (spelling ? ) one Halloween. Ds got so scared that it took several years of closing his closet door so he would not get him . He was about 4 or 5 at the time. A child should not be terrified for that long. Everyone though it was funny that he was still afraid. But now this stands out. He was afraid for for several years. Could this be a sight of pandas?

When I was about that age, my family went to Howe's Caverns in NY. There's a part of the tour where you get into a boat and they take you along an underground river. Then they turn out the lights so you can appreciate just how dark it is inside a cave. My evil older sister whispered in my ear that there was a witch in the cave and they were going to leave me for her. For years afterward, I was terrified of the dark, had to sleep with a nightlight long after other kids my age and had separation anxiety. I do not have Pandas or any similar affliction. It was just a very powerful event that stayed with me for a very long time.

If this is the only thing that raises a flag, I'd say it's just a kid with a powerful imagination and a particularly vivid experience.

Thanks for the reply. Good to hear he is not the only one with silly fears as a child. Always wondered is that was a sigh of pandas. So let me throw this out. Over Christmas older cousins told stories about scary teddy bears and bozo. That the bears come and follow you and kill. So both dd and ds were scarred for several months about stuffed animals attacking . I would have to go upstairs when they got into pajamas and brushing teeth. Though they went to sleep on their own fine. But hence the constant fear. ds who will be 10 next month would bring his bear down (passed down from his dad) so he would not attack him. They believed that their stuffed animals and dolls were going to attack. Though when I mention how silly they are being they understand but still fear. Maybe it is just child silliness. I guess I am critiquing every move.