ACN Latitudes Forums

OLE with Zithromax?

Is anyone giving both? I am off to look up contraindications, but I figured someone here already knew ;).

Sweetie is still doing pretty well, but we are having some VERY minor set backs that I would probably not normally notice or associate with a set back if she did not have PANDAS. I am just wondering if adding OLE to her zith 250 would help any? I hope to get her off abx completely but would want something else to fill the gap for a time anyway.

Edited by Mayzoo

i have heard a mix of things about OLE, some have been amazing. Last October I tried to use it in place of zithro just to give DS a break. It did not work for us, my son ended up with a strep throat within 6 days of being off zithro and on OLE at max dose. Once again its each person is different. There's the dilemma.

I give both. OLE 500 mgs away from probiotic usually do midday several hours after zithro and 2 hours away from 2nd dose of probiotic. First time we gave it to our DS7 we saw him calm down hyperactivity had been really bad so my DH and I pursued it and it has been about 4 months now. No ill side effects to report. If you find out about any contraindications please let me know. Our MAPS Dr. knows that we do it and he didn't have any concerns other than spreading the dosage away from probiotics.

Well, so far I have read anecdotal both ways. The medical research shows no contraindications with abx. It appears the original train against concomitant use was since Olive leaf kills mold, and mold is one of the foundations for some abx, then the Olive leaf may "kill" the abx, but most current abx are so distant from their mold foundations the concern is unfounded.

The ingredient that seems to matter the most is the % of Oleuropein. I have seen as high as 30% (Olive Leaf Plus with 30% Oleuropein ) I am not sure if I am going to get that one of the 22% (60mg) by the same company. Still researching this morning *yawn*. If I come up with anything different, I will let you know.

Thanks for the responses :wub: .

Edited by Mayzoo

www.seagateproducts.com/ss-images/townsend-letter-may.pdf (sorry computer illiterate) Not sure how to post the direct link.

I did a lot of research on Olive Leaf 15 months ago, while trying to decide which OLE to buy. I decided on the Seagate brand after reading the book by Morton Walker and after reading great reviews. We had great results with this brand.

Over the next several months, I switched to a few less expensive brands that had much higher Olepurin (spelling) that were a lot less effective.

I have since went back to using the Seagate brand of Ole and find it the most effective.

My husband has Ankylosing Spondylitis Arthritis and the Seagate brand is the only brand that caused him to herx. We have to start off with a very low dose and build up over a course of a month or so.

Edited by Haileymadison

The link works just fine. The title of the paper is:

The neuroprotective effect of olive leaf extract is related to improved blood-brain barrier permeability and brain edema in rat with experimental focal cerebral ischemia.

Thanks for posting.

I tried OLE with zithromax once and the results were pretty good. Actually I rotated them every other day.

I also gave OLE alone for about 6 weeks with great results for both of my boys, and even got some cognitive improvement with my younger son who still struggled with autistic features at the time. After 6 weeks, both of my boys came down with strep throat.

It was shortly after that when I ditched all of that for classical homeopathy and my boys are well-controlled without any meds or herbs (14 months ago now). it has been great b/c I no longer have to give supplements all day long (I was giving OLE 3x/day and probiotics away from that 2x/day, so 5x/day my boys were taking supps, it was absolute maddness!). www.asdhomeopaty.com

I tried OLE with zithromax once and the results were pretty good. Actually I rotated them every other day.

I also gave OLE alone for about 6 weeks with great results for both of my boys, and even got some cognitive improvement with my younger son who still struggled with autistic features at the time. After 6 weeks, both of my boys came down with strep throat.

It was shortly after that when I ditched all of that for classical homeopathy and my boys are well-controlled without any meds or herbs (14 months ago now). it has been great b/c I no longer have to give supplements all day long (I was giving OLE 3x/day and probiotics away from that 2x/day, so 5x/day my boys were taking supps, it was absolute maddness!). www.asdhomeopaty.com

Thanks for the input everyone. The OLE is not here yet, but we are going back on probiotics today as sweetie's sleep is all over the place and she gets up at 2:30-3am sometimes wanting to play. Likely not PANDAS related since she has done this off and on all her life and probiotics helped in the past to regulate her sleep a little more (I am thinking yeast imbalance in the gut affecting serotonin.)

Thanks for the articles Haileysmom. I may try Seagate for next time :).

Stephanie, I tried to go to the web page you sited and the server cannot be found. Is their another or new addy I can try?

Edited by Mayzoo