ACN Latitudes Forums

Planning our trip to Dr. B's

We have an appointment with Dr. B on June 18th. I'm planning on flying into NYC because it offers us the most options, and is the cheapest!

That being said, my son is HUGE into trains, so my thought was to skip the car rental (and hassle of driving) in the city and take the train up into CT.

I know most on here wouldn't dream of taking a PANDAS prone/anxiety ridden kid on an extra journey - but knowing our son, the promise of being able to ride on a train will become his focus and likely take the edge off the rest of the trip.

Has anyone ever done this before? Is renting a car absolutely necessary? Any other tips for going up there?

We have an appointment with Dr. B on June 18th. I'm planning on flying into NYC because it offers us the most options, and is the cheapest!

That being said, my son is HUGE into trains, so my thought was to skip the car rental (and hassle of driving) in the city and take the train up into CT.

I know most on here wouldn't dream of taking a PANDAS prone/anxiety ridden kid on an extra journey - but knowing our son, the promise of being able to ride on a train will become his focus and likely take the edge off the rest of the trip.

Has anyone ever done this before? Is renting a car absolutely necessary? Any other tips for going up there?

Our last two trips to Dr. B (Sept & Nov) we took the train from Trenton, PA to Stamford CT. You can take a local from NYC to Stamford or Darian. How will you get to/from the office - a taxi? They have a car rental at the Stamford station (not sure about Darian). His Darian office is 5 minutes down the road from the Darian station.