ACN Latitudes Forums

Rapid Strep Kits

Yes, they aren't hard to use, but I am a nurse so I am used to doing that sort of thing. It has very simple step by step instructions. Others may use a different brand. Our box lasted a while. This is only the second time I ordered.

Dedee

You can but it won't tell you if they have strep in the throat. The nose swab might give you information about possible sinus strep. You can even swab their bottom if you want to check for peri-anal strep. (Sorry, don't mean to be gross). If you are checking for strep throat, you need to get back to the posterior portion of the tonsil and get both sides.

You can but it won't tell you if they have strep in the throat. The nose swab might give you information about possible sinus strep. You can even swab their bottom if you want to check for peri-anal strep. (Sorry, don't mean to be gross). If you are checking for strep throat, you need to get back to the posterior portion of the tonsil and get both sides.

Great info. thanks. My son and I are at the doc for sinus infections several times a year. Seems they never clear up. Dr. B. is suspicious of strep in our sinuses. Our sinuses have never been swabbed, thought it might be interesting to check?