ACN Latitudes Forums

Why do LLMD's check for so many viruses

I am trying to understand why we are going to test for so many viruses in my son. My basic understanding is that the viruses stick to the biofilms?? If the tests show he has been exposed to viruses in the past, would he be treated with anti virals? If the viruses are not treated, will it impact Lyme treatment?

We are testing for parvovirus B19, EBV, and Herpes virus 6. We are also testing mycoplasma pneumo, chlamydia pneumo, immuno subclass IgG1,2,3,4, IgG and IgA quantitative, ASO, ADB.

Will the IgM be high if the virus is still active?

Thanks so much in advance.

Colleen

It's a good question, perhaps sometimes they have specific treatments for specific viruses. In general, though, my experience is the treatment for viruses has not been specific to the viruses, so the testing on specific ones doesn't seem all that useful. Chronic lyme means you have viruses and they need to be addressed, but focusing on which one, not sure why to bother.

It will also give you a reference point for when you are further into treatment.

Our twins suffer from HHV6 and extremely high titers for Coxsackies 'foot and mouth'. I had titers for 4 viruses. My older son was not originally tested because it was assumed he had similar viruses (he did eventually ART for XMRV) and has been treated with numerous anti-virals over time. We recently tested him for viruses and he is now only elevated for EBV. It would have been nice to have the comparative but only having one positive virus still feels like progress to us!!! Here is the short list of some of the anti-virals used: SyImmune, Alinia, hd Olive Leaf Extract, Engystol/Viragraphis, Bryon White 'A-V'. I think I'm forgetting some of the anti-virals...

My limited understanding is that some doctors have found that if you treat lyme without treating chronic viruses, it's much harder to get well. Some prefer to treat the viruses first. Personal observation - it seems that those who've been sick a long time or with severe symptoms tend to find they have more than one issue to deal with. So testing for chronic infections might give you some idea on how "complex" or "straightforward" your case is. Wouldn't be surprised to see mold questions raised at some point too. Not because everyone has this problem, but it's something to rule out or address as part of the process.