ACN Latitudes Forums

ds 4 just bit by tic..i have the tic..

So...he is 4yrs 9 months...getting ready for a shower(new thing for about 2 weeks or so)..He's a big boy now!!!

.he cried " awe..mommy.... that spider just bit me"and started to cry more

dh had just come in and said a spider bite isn't good...let me see...dh said that's a tick!!!

the back of his leg was a little pink...but i'm not sure if it actually got to fully bite him or if that was from him scratching it....the pinkness looks gone?????

What do i do next?...i know i should know...but i am pandased out...no more info will go into the 3 brain cells i have left.

We found the tick about 8pm or so...got the shower and put him down. It is Friday night.

Do i call my lymes dr and go from there?

I have little faith in any traditional dr's or clinics.

I'm thinking abx for a couple months???

Do i call now at 9pm on a friday night?

PLease let me know what to expect from a llmd in regards to this and a 4yr old.

I litterally was watching the news at 6pm today...which i never do(i have enough drama) and they said watch out for tics this year as it will be bad, since we did not have a cold winter or any frosts..i am in GA

Edited by Fixit

So...he is 4yrs 9 months...getting ready for a shower(new thing for about 2 weeks or so)..He's a big boy now!!!

.he cried " awe..mommy.... that spider just bit me"and started to cry more

dh had just come in and said a spider bite isn't good...let me see...dh said that's a tick!!!

the back of his leg was a little pink...but i'm not sure if it actually got to fully bite him or if that was from him scratching it....the pinkness looks gone?????

What do i do next?...i know i should know...but i am pandased out...no more info will go into the 3 brain cells i have left.

We found the tick about 8pm or so...got the shower and put him down. It is Friday night.

Do i call my lymes dr and go from there?

I have little faith in any traditional dr's or clinics.

I'm thinking abx for a couple months???

Do i call now at 9pm on a friday night?

PLease let me know what to expect from a llmd in regards to this and a 4yr old.

I litterally was watching the news at 6pm today...which i never do(i have enough drama) and they said watch out for tics this year as it will be bad, since we did not have a cold winter or any frosts..i am in GA

Relax...deep breathe...get that glass of wine.

Now, I think this can wait until Monday, but I do agree that you should call your LLMD.

Now...another sip of that wine :P

Relax...deep breathe...get that glass of wine.

Now, I think this can wait until Monday, but I do agree that you should call your LLMD.

Now...another sip of that wine :P

is it ok to alternate white,red, white, red..i am indecisive right now and i might need a whole bottle....only 1/2 of each color left

so monday is ok???

i have to look at that .)*&^ thing in the zip lock all weekend :angry:

Oh wow, I am so sorry. I'm glad you have the tick. You can get it tested by Igenex I think right? A couple of months of abx if you can get it will be good. You are on top of it and realize the importance of the situation.

Alternate AND pulse that wine. HUGS!

Susan

Oh geez! So sorry.

You can find info. on tick testing under lymediseaseassociation.org.

There's also a good tick identification guide at www.tickencounter.org. It gives pictures of all types and stages of ticks in your region. You double click on the tick for a close-up view to identify.

Edited by philamom

Thanks for the posts.

..alternating and pulsing wine as prescribed...

per the web site listed...it looks like a lonestar female.

and now that i am sure i a know what a nymph looks like...ds12 had one on him, that he said bit him when he was 4ish.....i remember he was buckled in the car at the time and i said noooooo...that's too small to be a tick.....

he was aware of ticks as we did tick checks every night after playing...yes he had ticks on him after playing in a mowed yard, w/o a single bush or tree..in a neighborhood with sidewalks on both sides.....i would think.????..how is this possible????...are they just in the mowed grass??????we kept the grass short and kept the kids in buzz cuts because of the ticks...we lived in PA at the time.

And i didn't win the mega millions...so i will not be hiring a private team of doctors for all of our medical care, a personal chef to make decisions on what to make that is healthy and kid desirable....

So i will continue to be here at ACN, having to ask questions that i'm sure have been answered a million times that i will forget the answer to.

Edited by Fixit

i wanted to wait to see if the pinkness was from ds..

i checked a couple times today, and there is a small, pink, prick, bite mark? or like if a thorn stabbed you while you were trimming the bushes.

we did take a picture of it today.

So...do i still wait untill monday to call the md?