ACN Latitudes Forums

Ive finally admitted ive got it...

Hello there im new here and new to forums also.

Basically ever since i was about 9 ive had rituals that ive had to do.

I was bullied a little from the ages of 9 to 11 and hated school.

I never told anyone about this.

This is what i believed triggered my rituals.

Basically when i touch something i have to touch it with the other hand or i feel "Un-Equal" and i believe something terrible will happen.

Everything has to be even numbers , like if i scratch my right cheek i have to scratch my left one after it.

I also have to touch the floor a lot and the back of my shoe.

I only noticed how severe it was when i watched a video tape of a kickboxing lesson i took part in (Im a Martial Artist and OCD has transferred into that such as running equal steps,equal numbers of punches etc) anyway in the lesson i noticed i constantly touched the floor when i was able to and lifted my foot up and touched it.

Anyway...

Does this equal numbers thing mean anything like Psycologically?

Cheers Ste

Hi Ste and welcome :D

ritualistic behaviour and numbering things and "having" to do things "just right" are all very characteristic of OCD

As I have mentioned to other posters, basically OCD is a result of a chemical imbalance, and primrily caused by depressed serotonin levels in the brain. it is a bit more complex than that, but that kinda simplifies things for explanation

so it is important to get your serotonin levels up. this can be done with medications, but unfortunately they do have some serious potential side effects.

there are over the counter supplements that many people have found helpful, like 5HTP and Inositol and samE or methionine

It is real important NEVER to mix the supplements with the medications as this can cause serious spiking of serotonin which is dangerous!

A therapy done by qualified psychologists is called Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and can really help with controlling OCD symptoms

hope that helps you some