ACN Latitudes Forums

Hey guys I have a question about keeping logs

AHB900

Hey everybody, ive been recently reading the ACN Tourettes book, and I am starting to really get convinced that my tics can possibly be reduced (or disappear) with the correct elimination of certain foods. Now I am having a difficult time figuring out what exactly triggers my tics, and I want to start keeping a detailed log of my tics on a daily basis. I just don't really know where to start and how to log everything. Does anybody have a link to a sample log or possibly an explanation of what to log and how to log everything? Would you guys recommend I find the threads where everybody lists common foods that can be triggers and just eliminate as much as possible?

If it helps im 22 years old, and ive been having decently severe (not as bad as some stories I have read in the book)tics since I was about 7 years of age.

My tics include: Eye blinking, neck stretching, eye rolling, looking over my shoulder (I kinda get stuck in that position for about 10 seconds), discomfort under my arms, discomfort in legs, and the breathing tic.

Might have missed a few, but those are the most common ones.

Thanks everyone

Hello!

I am not sure what your doctor/insurance situation is, but we had the IgG blood test done on our son and then chose to receive the NEI Guided Nutrition Program, which is a 55 page custom designed report that details all of my sons intolerance, possible cross-reactants, recipes, baseline symptom, detailed instructions & tracking charts. Our insurance paid for the blood work & the report was $20 out of pocket & I use it all the time. It it so organized & helpful. Anyway, I have attached a few links:

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20100112/NeuroScience-launches-NEI-Guided-Nutrition-Program.aspx

https://www.neurorelief.com/index.php?p=nutrition#

There are different ways you can do diet elimination/reintroduction, so I highly recommend consulting with an integrative type doctor. But, if you don't want to go the formal route I would start by reading the basics online, WebMD has a section called - "The Food Allergies Elimination Diet and Food Challenge Test", it also includes a basic chart.

Others might have other information they can share too.

Sorry to hear you have been dealing with tics for so long. I hope you find relief & success with diet & supplements.

Best Wishes,

~Lynn

Hello!

I am not sure what your doctor/insurance situation is, but we had the IgG blood test done on our son and then chose to receive the NEI Guided Nutrition Program, which is a 55 page custom designed report that details all of my sons intolerance, possible cross-reactants, recipes, baseline symptom, detailed instructions & tracking charts. Our insurance paid for the blood work & the report was $20 out of pocket & I use it all the time. It it so organized & helpful. Anyway, I have attached a few links:

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20100112/NeuroScience-launches-NEI-Guided-Nutrition-Program.aspx

https://www.neurorelief.com/index.php?p=nutrition#

There are different ways you can do diet elimination/reintroduction, so I highly recommend consulting with an integrative type doctor. But, if you don't want to go the formal route I would start by reading the basics online, WebMD has a section called - "The Food Allergies Elimination Diet and Food Challenge Test", it also includes a basic chart.

Others might have other information they can share too.

Sorry to hear you have been dealing with tics for so long. I hope you find relief & success with diet & supplements.

Best Wishes,

~Lynn

Thanks for the reply Lynn. The reason I want to figure things out myself is, because our insurance only covers the emergency room. If I were to go to a doctor id have to pay cash. Also, I always here about integrative doctors, but I do not really know what they are? While reading the book pretty much all the stories mentioned going to an environmental doctor, are they considered interactive doctors?

Hey everybody, ive been recently reading the ACN Tourettes book, and I am starting to really get convinced that my tics can possibly be reduced (or disappear) with the correct elimination of certain foods. Now I am having a difficult time figuring out what exactly triggers my tics, and I want to start keeping a detailed log of my tics on a daily basis. I just don't really know where to start and how to log everything. Does anybody have a link to a sample log or possibly an explanation of what to log and how to log everything? Would you guys recommend I find the threads where everybody lists common foods that can be triggers and just eliminate as much as possible?

If it helps im 22 years old, and ive been having decently severe (not as bad as some stories I have read in the book)tics since I was about 7 years of age.

My tics include: Eye blinking, neck stretching, eye rolling, looking over my shoulder (I kinda get stuck in that position for about 10 seconds), discomfort under my arms, discomfort in legs, and the breathing tic.

Thanks everyone

Keep a record of what you eat at what times every day.

Also keep a record of how you are feeling and how intense your tics were on that day.

Some things you may notice an immediate change, other things may take longer. For example, you may notice that when you eat a certain food, your tic gets worse for 3 hours afterward. You may notice that when you haven't eaten something for a few days, your tic improves. You can look for trends over time, like "every time I eat (something) my tic gets worse" or "my tic was better during these days and it looks like I didn't eat (another food) at all during that time," etc.

If you have Microsoft Excel, you can make a log with days across the top and times down the side, like this:

http://i.imgur.com/At8dc.gif

And then you can put comments in each time slot about how you're feeling, etc. You don't have to fill out each one, just if you notice something different that you think is noteworthy.

You can use the tabs at the bottom for each month.

Edited by guy123

Thanks everyone

Keep a record of what you eat at what times every day.

Also keep a record of how you are feeling and how intense your tics were on that day.

Some things you may notice an immediate change, other things may take longer. For example, you may notice that when you eat a certain food, your tic gets worse for 3 hours afterward. You may notice that when you haven't eaten something for a few days, your tic improves. You can look for trends over time, like "every time I eat (something) my tic gets worse" or "my tic was better during these days and it looks like I didn't eat (another food) at all during that time," etc.

If you have Microsoft Excel, you can make a log with days across the top and times down the side, like this:

http://i.imgur.com/At8dc.gif

And then you can put comments in each time slot about how you're feeling, etc. You don't have to fill out each one, just if you notice something different that you think is noteworthy.

You can use the tabs at the bottom for each month.

So pretty much every time I feel that I have noticed an increase in the tics, I should add that to the comments. Maybe at the end of each day put a comment on how I felt throughout the day?

So pretty much every time I feel that I have noticed an increase in the tics, I should add that to the comments. Maybe at the end of each day put a comment on how I felt throughout the day?

Yeah, and make note of anything noteworthy.

What I did for a while was assign each day (or you can break it into smaller time periods if you want) a number between 1-10 based on tic intensity. Have 1 be almost no tics at all, and 10 be constant ticcing.

Yeah, and make note of anything noteworthy.

What I did for a while was assign each day (or you can break it into smaller time periods if you want) a number between 1-10 based on tic intensity. Have 1 be almost no tics at all, and 10 be constant ticcing.

That's a great idea, I already log my meals for bodybuilding purposes, might as well add a little more to it... Hopefully I find some results.