ACN Latitudes Forums

Hello Everyone! Update From California

Gosh, it has been a long, long time. I can hardly write this... have no idea where to start since it has been so long. Some may remember, my boy fought PANDAS or whatever the heck we call it now since age 4 really. Strep infections documented. In 2008 he had a horrific relapse at age 10. He has had trichotillomania the entire time, even when other tics and behaviors were absent. The last school photo of him looking "normal" was in 2nd Grade. He has had no eyelashes either.

In 2010 he had a return of some terrible OCD stuff. Finally, in January 2011 my son had his first IVIG treatment, but low dose. His OCD went away for most part but trich didn't budge.

In Sept. 2011 he had high dose IVIG over two days. I am so happy to announce that for the first time since he was 6 years old, my son HAS EYEBROWS!!!!! I was told it would take a long time to show any effect with respect to the trichotillomania. He has eyelashes coming in as well now. I can't believe I am so happy over such a trivial thing, but I know that y'all know what I feel.

I hope that this gives HOPE to someone out there... I recall a few others suffering with trich.

God bless everyone,

Mary

Edited by Phasmid

Hey TMom,

As luck would have it, he got strep throat two weeks ago, and again last Friday. He has been on amoxicillin 500 , and I think I will keep him on through Strep season now. He did not have a return of symptoms, but he has been a little more emotional, kinda depressed. May not have anything to do with it.

• 1 month later...

Phasmid,

This is so fantastic!!!

I was wondering if you were still using Vitamin C and NAC in the 3:1 ratio?

Dr. B at Yale emailed his study of NAC for hair pulling turned out negative. But they did not use Vitamin C with it and I was wondering if you had different results?

Jill

Hey TMom,

As luck would have it, he got strep throat two weeks ago, and again last Friday. He has been on amoxicillin 500 , and I think I will keep him on through Strep season now. He did not have a return of symptoms, but he has been a little more emotional, kinda depressed. May not have anything to do with it.

Great news!!!! Wanted to PM message you, but could not.