ACN Latitudes Forums

Hyperbarics and IV Antibiotics

I am looking for an LLMD without a waiting list that I like in So CA, been searching websites for a few hours and came across several protocols being used to treat LYME at several clinics.

Just wanted to hear from those on this journey what you know about hyperbarics treating LYME. Also are IV antibiotics better for some co-infections? Made me wonder about injections too.

If you can shed some knowledge on these topics please do. Thank you.

I see hyperbarics mentioned everywhere from Autism to Lyme. One TV reporter with Lyme said it was integral in her healing from lyme.

I think it makes sense, it's just expensive and rarely covered by insurance i think. Jenny McCarthy went on some talk show and talked about how she liked it so much she bought one for her house.

I have heard some pandas moms say before HBOT was not good for their pandas child-

no personal experience here.

As far as the different methods of treating Lyme, this is a big topic.

There is a lot to learn, and what works best for some, may not work so well as others.

On my personal Lyme journey, I spent the first 7 months on different herbal tinctures, some antibiotic combinations,

a lot of time (and money) spent on the mold issue and detoxing that, and some parasite protocols.

We recently switched LLMD's, and now I am more on a

'Burrascano' plan- he being the 'Godfather' of Lyme, and his latest 2008 Lyme Disease guidelines are respected, often consulted and used,

and seems to be ringing true for me at this time. Just need to get going on his exercise program, lol.

I can't predict my treatment future, but I learn more about myself and this disease as I progress in treatment- like you will as the parent.

I do know IV antibiotics are out for me- I do not want a port or pic line, near impossible to get insurance cover,

and I have 3 kids and a husband that seem to depend on me- I don't have the time.

Others do this route, and it will be amazing for them.

I probably will start Billicin injections 2x a week soon, tho.

So, all that to say- it's a good idea to maybe pick up some different Lyme books, try to learn what you can...your LLMD will guide you, make suggestions, but it is a good idea to learn yourself, so you can ask the right questions. It is an expensive, rather short appointment, make the best of it.

and as you travel through, more will be revealed to you.

Hi S&S. I am pursuing mold issues, anything you could share that might help me? Is this a issue with all Lyme patients?

*Hi.

No, mold is not an issue for all Lyme patients.

If I was starting to question whether mold is an issue for my family,

I would order the ERMI test (google) it is a simple kit you buy online,

they send out, collect either vacuum or floor samples, send back to lab,

and you get a detailed report and graph/rating system for particular molds that may be in your home.

If the report comes back unhealthy high, next step would be a mold inspection.

'Shoemaker' (google and mold) seems to be taken as the genius of mold, and if you want to get way into it,

he has books and website.

Hi S&S. I am pursuing mold issues, anything you could share that might help me? Is this a issue with all Lyme patients?

*Hi.

No, mold is not an issue for all Lyme patients.

If I was starting to question whether mold is an issue for my family,

I would order the ERMI test (google) it is a simple kit you buy online,

they send out, collect either vacuum or floor samples, send back to lab,

and you get a detailed report and graph/rating system for particular molds that may be in your home.

If the report comes back unhealthy high, next step would be a mold inspection.

'Shoemaker' (google and mold) seems to be taken as the genius of mold, and if you want to get way into it,

he has books and website.

Thanks, I do have mould in my house, Aspergillus, got an ERMI kit and now trying to make sure I don't have toxic black mold" stachys, as I did an air sample and I was told only ERMI can tell if I have stachybotrys.

My dh made the mistake, at first, just tearing mold out and removing it without taking air quality precautions. This was a bad mistake. Make sure you do removal correctly (i.e., plastic off entire area, fan going to outside, full air mask on, etc.). I believe Amazon had a book on it.

The bottom line is that 'indoor mold' is not healthy for anyone, much less someone with a chronic illness.

Edited by JuliaFaith