ACN Latitudes Forums

Blood Tests

Hi Everyone!

I have two questions, Dr. T has ordered a bunch of blood work for my son (12 tests in all)...

1. How long does it typically take to get the results back?

2. Did your insurance pay for these tests or were they out of pocket? If out of pocket does anyone mind sharing how much it cost in all?

Thanks,

Lynn

Some of the tests come back quickly, maybe a day or two. Some take around a week.

My insurance paid for them all through Quest. We had the pediatrician do the blood when she could, but we had to go directly to Quest for some of them.

Insurance paid. Caution- Make sure to request a copy of the results be sent to you directly from the lab when you have the blood draw and then check to make sure the lab has done all the tests requested. It has been my experience and a few others, that sometimes the lab does not do all the requested tests, for whatever reasons. Some of the tests come back quickly. The more unusual ones take longer.

Thanks everyone, I checked with my insurance and as long as I go in-network to Lab-corp they should be covered. We have an appointment at 1:30 today & I am so nervous. I haven't even told him where we are going because I know he is going to freak out.

Also, thank you for the tip on having copies sent directly to me. I didn't even know I could request that!

Does anyone remember how many vials of blood they took for all 12 tests?

Thanks all!

Lynn

Edited by Lynn777