ACN Latitudes Forums

1 year classical homeopathy update

I haven't been around this forum lately, but I wanted to drop by just to give our update. It has been 13 months since I switched my two pandas sons to classical homeopathy (after previously doing antibiotics, ivig, steroids, spironolactone, LDN, tenex, B12 shots and many many supplements). My boys are still well-controlled with just their homeopathic remedies and 4 supplements (no meds, not even ibuprofen). During the last year we had positive strep tests 3 times and I suspect a 4th infection as well. Each of my boys used an antibiotic during one of the infections, but the rest of the infections were completely cured/managed with just their remedies. And actually the one antibiotic that they both received was kind of forced on us, it's a really long story (one kid had a ruptured ear drum and the other had mild pneumonia and we would have been "medically negligent" to not use standard meds).

In addition to the strep being managed by their remedies, I have also been able to manage yeast, klebsiella, clostridia, and alpha and beta hemolytic strep, all found in previous and current stool cultures. I have not had to use any antifungals or antibiotics (prescription or natural) for these infections.

Like I said, I could go on all day, but the important part is that my boys no longer suffer severe pandas symptoms or severe symptoms from gut infections, even in the face of a severe strep infection. We live a largely normal life, after 5 years of complete dysfunction. After one year of homeopathy, I have learned how to nip pandas/strep in the bud most of the time (literally in 20-30 minutes many times). I have also learned that there is a lot of "user error" involved in homepoathy, both on the part of the homeopath and the patient or parent (which is why I suspect some people don't get the same results and quit early on in the game). A year ago, i truly did not know when/how to use the strep nosodes, or even when to dose their constitutional remedies. I have spent the last year learning to do this by reading books and talking to other moms who are traveling the same road. And our homeopath has become a pandas expert in the past year, so she is much better at managing strep infections/pandas than she was a year ago.

For those who were following my blog, I know it seems like I have dropped off the face of the earth LOL, I guess in some ways I have. I have also been treated by our homeopath (I, too, suffer from pandas) and in my new healthy state of mind, I have been unable to "go back there" if you know what I mean. In some ways I feel as though I have abandoned the pandas community (dropped my involvement with PRN, etc.) but I am just trying to enjoy my life for now and just spend time with my boys and manage their health to the best of my ability. To those who have sent me PM's, I will do my best to get to them in the next few days.

best wishes to each of you!

Thank you for your updates, Stephanie! I still have your Dr's name filed away in case we decide to try this route. Eventually we may. I am so glad to hear you are seeing stable waters even this far out. I hope it continues for you! I understand having to enjoy your life. I find it hard to live on this board on a daily basis because I find I need to focus on regular life as much as possible, or I get badly depressed. It is about balance and you need to enjoy life! I appreciate the update, but am glad your too busy enjoying life to post much. That gives me hope! :)

I haven't been around this forum lately, but I wanted to drop by just to give our update. It has been 13 months since I switched my two pandas sons to classical homeopathy (after previously doing antibiotics, ivig, steroids, spironolactone, LDN, tenex, B12 shots and many many supplements). My boys are still well-controlled with just their homeopathic remedies and 4 supplements (no meds, not even ibuprofen). During the last year we had positive strep tests 3 times and I suspect a 4th infection as well. Each of my boys used an antibiotic during one of the infections, but the rest of the infections were completely cured/managed with just their remedies. And actually the one antibiotic that they both received was kind of forced on us, it's a really long story (one kid had a ruptured ear drum and the other had mild pneumonia and we would have been "medically negligent" to not use standard meds).

In addition to the strep being managed by their remedies, I have also been able to manage yeast, klebsiella, clostridia, and alpha and beta hemolytic strep, all found in previous and current stool cultures. I have not had to use any antifungals or antibiotics (prescription or natural) for these infections.

Like I said, I could go on all day, but the important part is that my boys no longer suffer severe pandas symptoms or severe symptoms from gut infections, even in the face of a severe strep infection. We live a largely normal life, after 5 years of complete dysfunction. After one year of homeopathy, I have learned how to nip pandas/strep in the bud most of the time (literally in 20-30 minutes many times). I have also learned that there is a lot of "user error" involved in homepoathy, both on the part of the homeopath and the patient or parent (which is why I suspect some people don't get the same results and quit early on in the game). A year ago, i truly did not know when/how to use the strep nosodes, or even when to dose their constitutional remedies. I have spent the last year learning to do this by reading books and talking to other moms who are traveling the same road. And our homeopath has become a pandas expert in the past year, so she is much better at managing strep infections/pandas than she was a year ago.

For those who were following my blog, I know it seems like I have dropped off the face of the earth LOL, I guess in some ways I have. I have also been treated by our homeopath (I, too, suffer from pandas) and in my new healthy state of mind, I have been unable to "go back there" if you know what I mean. In some ways I feel as though I have abandoned the pandas community (dropped my involvement with PRN, etc.) but I am just trying to enjoy my life for now and just spend time with my boys and manage their health to the best of my ability. To those who have sent me PM's, I will do my best to get to them in the next few days.

best wishes to each of you!

We use Angelica Lemke who is located in NYC, but she does skype appts so you don't have to travel.

www.asdhomeopathy.com

You don't have to go off all meds to do homeopathy but they do tend to work against each other. Antibiotics, steroids and especially psych meds tend to be a real issue, however you can slowly wean off of them with the remedies on board to support the process. i'm not gonna lie, taking my boys off antibiotics and sending them out into the world "uncovered" was the hardest thing in the world, I was on pins and needles. But we were in a desperate situation with the antibiotics not working and causing damage, so for me my back was against the wall and I really had no choice. This is something you have to be ready for. And I highly suggest the book Impossible Cure by Amy Lansky before making any decisions.

So wonderful to hear your update, Stephanie!

I have not been here much lately either. We started homeopathy in May 2011, and so far so good! No antibiotics since then, no supplements, nothing. Just his remedy and the nosode as needed. DS14 still "reacts" to strep, but like you said, we can nip it in the bud. Being older he can tell me "I need my remedy", and it brings him back. We have had to learn to dose at the right time/right strength but we are slowly getting the hang of it.

We've also started my oldest on it after a very sudden change of personality (right after a tick bite AND being exposed to strep!). We were able to get an appointment with Angelica right away and it totally brought him back! He can tell also when his thoughts are not really making sense and will let me know. He does not need his remedy very often but it's so good to be able to "keep him sane" with just a little pellet. It truly is amazing!

We are starting the other kids with a local homeopath since they all have had tick bites and they all have been getting strep a lot. So far so good, and we plan to keep on going as the local docs cannot seem to find a better solution than to prescribe antibiotics as needed. We were blessed to find someone not too far who is a classical homeopath but also an MD. For true "PANDAS" it totally recommend Angelica, but for my other kids I was looking for someone local to take the place of the pediatrician. I have to say our pediatricians have been very nice and trying to help but they really have nothing to offer beyond acute care. I cannot sit and wait for everyone to "go PANDAS" on me!

Well, not to take away from Stephanie's good news, but to encourage those who've tried other venues to give homeopathy a try. The initial cost can be hard but in the end it ends up being less expensive and for us definitely more effective than conventional treatment.

Isabel

We use Angelica Lemke who is located in NYC, but she does skype appts so you don't have to travel.

www.asdhomeopathy.com

You don't have to go off all meds to do homeopathy but they do tend to work against each other. Antibiotics, steroids and especially psych meds tend to be a real issue, however you can slowly wean off of them with the remedies on board to support the process. i'm not gonna lie, taking my boys off antibiotics and sending them out into the world "uncovered" was the hardest thing in the world, I was on pins and needles. But we were in a desperate situation with the antibiotics not working and causing damage, so for me my back was against the wall and I really had no choice. This is something you have to be ready for. And I highly suggest the book Impossible Cure by Amy Lansky before making any decisions.

Stephanie2 and MatisMom, have you done any blood work to see if any of the titers are still high? I'm just curious, because I wonder if they are getting relief, but not getting rid of the infection, and putting them into a carrier-state.

The "brand" we mostly use is "Helios" which is ordered from England (our homeopath uses this). At times I use "Washington Homeopathics" for acute remedies, which I ordered online.

I do not follow titers b/c my boys' titers were never elevated to begin with. Personally, (and this may sound naive) I don't care whether or not they are carriers and I strongly suspect that they are not (b/c they only get strep during the normal times of year when most other kids get it). Also, last year when my 4yo tested positive for strep, I did a follow-up 48 hour culture once all the pandas symptoms went away and it did come back negative. But I HAVE heard of homeopathy putting people into carrier state, I have no idea if it's true. As long as the pandas symptoms are under control I am happy.

Edited by Stephanie2

Bubbas mom, I will tell you the names of the remedies that we use, but if you learn about classical homeopathy you will see that you can't just use any remedy, it has to be carefully chosen by a good homeopath based on all aspects of the case. There are thousands of remedies that they choose from so 10 pandas kids could potentially need 10 different remedies based on the specific symptoms that are predominant. With that said, these are the remedies that my boys (and I) use:

DS7: Ignatia is his constitutional remedy (his overall remedy for the majority of his symptoms); during an acute strep infection or exposure I usually need to add in a strep nosode called "strep pyogenes"; this last infection required a different strep remedy called "strep faecalis"; belladonna for fever/sore throat; we plan to soon add in a nosode called "klebsiella pneumonia" to clear a past kleb infection of the intestines; we also plan to add in an MMR remedy at some point, since this pandas nightmare started right after he had a reaction to the MMR vaccine (this would be in an attempt to "cure" him of his autoimmune reaction to strep).

DS4: Thuja is his constitutional remedy; I add in the strep nosodes when he has strep or if his brother has strep; belladonna for fever/sore throat; I started the klebsiella nosode today b/c he has had some strange behaviors lately that were not strep related and his stool culture came up with kleb (he responded immediately to this remedy today...unbelievalbe!); I plan to possibly do a DTaP remedy since he had a reaction to it at the age of 4 months, I also plan to do a "lexapro" remedy since I strongly suspect his autistic features/low muscle tone are a result of my use of lexapro while pregnant with him (this is a remedy made from the actual drug that has the potential to clear out the damage done from the use of the drug in the past).

Myself: Ignatia is my constitutional (BTW, Thuja is my husbands'...do you see the pattern? LOL). I, too, have to use the strep nosode when I get strep or my kids get it. It literally clears out my paranoia, depression, etc. within 15-20 minutes...an absolute lifesaver!

Some other remedies I have heard of being used for pandas kids: stramonium, carcinosin, belladonna, pulsatilla, anacardium and many more...

• 2 weeks later...

I am sooooo happy to hear of a success story using a homeopathy treatment. I hate the thought of treating my son with antibiotic after antibiotic and possibly IVIGs. We are about to start the whole process of treating him again due to his most severe symtoms returning after a year of tolerable symptoms....never totally in remission but during that time I thought it was not possible. I also live in Florida, I believe we spoke on the phone once when my son first began this nightmare. You helped me a great deal and I can never thank you enough. We were able to be part of a study Dr. Murphy was doing and that pretty much convinced us of his PANDAs diagnosis.

I would like to talk to you or read your blog if you can give me the website. Homeopathic treatment for Pandas makes so much more sense to me that I would like to try it before the standard route. So I'm assuming the regime you all are on calms or treats the tics and OCD symptoms as well?

Thanks,

Trish

hello,

Called the office of Angela Lemke. So its basically 600 plus dollars for the first appointment and the remedies. Was a little concerned since it almost seems like I am trying to take advantage of your price. If she stands by her work , gets the job done well who can really put any price on that. I just am having a hard time wrapping my head around the inflated price. I am a Relationship Life Coach. I help many, many people and have a waiting list. i know I could double my price but choose not to since it would be a hardship to others. I just wish her upfront charge was more reasonable until a trust was developed between client and patient. With all that being said I think I will still proceed forward

abbe