ACN Latitudes Forums

Test for Lyme Before lVlG this week?

. My dd is scheduled for lVlG with Dr. K this Thursday. Today I started thinking about Lyme as a possible co-infection for her. She is tired all the time. Dr. T dx her as PANS myco as her trigger. He tested her for Lyme but it went to Quest so it was negative. I am driving myself crazy tonight. Should I test her for Lyme before lVlG with Igenex? Does insurance cover this usually?

Thanks,

Tiffani

I do recommend testing for Lyme and co-infections through IGeneX BEFORE doing IVIg otherwise you will have to wait 2-3 months (I forget exactly how long). Many people do get reimbursed 60-80% depending upon their insurance plan, however you have to pay up front and then submit. IGeneX will give you the coded documentation you need.

Edited by NancyD

Also, a suggestion, check for lyme symptoms as a possible herx after the IVIG. My dd would have increased pain and could not walk well after her IVIG's. The doctors (not Dr. K) said it was not related but of course it was. Might be a sign into something if you document her reactions to the IVIG. You may be an old pro at IVIG's though and already know how she will react (??)

Susan