ACN Latitudes Forums

Night time

Quick question

My son is 4 and has major problems at night.... Because of tics .. For 2.5 yrs now.

He could tic for hours in the middle of the night. Breaks my heart

Any other children have problems with sleep? Does it just come with the territory ? He takes melatonin now

Hi

does he have a TS diagnosis? It would be very unusual for someone with Tourette to tic so while asleep as most often, sleep time is when tics subside in TS

or are you saying he stays awake with tics at night?

we found the epsom salts bath before bed helped with that

Thanks for the info !

My son has a tic disoder diagnosis.. But all his tics are at night. He could fall asleep nicely with melatonin then at 3am wake up and tic for 3-4 hours !

So TS actually makes for a calmer night for kids? He rarely has daytime tics, maybe in the car...

Quick question

My son is 4 and has major problems at night.... Because of tics .. For 2.5 yrs now.

He could tic for hours in the middle of the night. Breaks my heart

Any other children have problems with sleep? Does it just come with the territory ? He takes melatonin now

I would be looking for allergen for tic activation- dust mites, mold in heat vents, dust, something in his room etc. That is most unusual to tic more at night- particularly once he has gone to sleep then awakens to tic for 3-4 hours.

We found out awhile ago he has a minor dust allergy, thru testing. His vent is shut, dust mite covers, hypoallergenic blanket, hard wood floors, no stuffed animals

You name it I've done it, his room is clean :)

He rarely tics during the day... only in the car and at night. He has had tics for 2.5 years now...

hi

I know this may sound weird but has anyone investigated whether electromagnetic fields may be triggering his tics. It is something that may be a link between the car and the room at night?

even a metallic spring mattress can fall into this category....my son slept much more peacefully on a cotton filled futon with wooden slat base

also unplug all electric appliances in his room at night

I know some kids tic more in new cars (maybe chemicals as trigger)

Do you use any specific chemical cleaners in his room? any new carpeting or woodwork? pesticides?

Interesting !!! Both our cars are new!

His new mattress is cotton filled though... No box spring...

He has a air purifier on, and humidifier ...dust allergy and it's awfully dry here in MN in the winter

I only use hot water and a little soap when I clean

New as in 2009,2011

He just started zithromax for possible pandas, wonder if I should unplug stuff tonight to see ?

He also has a monitor plugged in...the base unit

I thought I heard something about wi fi boxes for the Internet ?...

It still Happens when he sleep at his grandparents house...

I unplugged everything in his room, and turned the wi fi off... Also kept the satellite radio off in the car today

I did a test in two other cars over the weekend and he does tic in other older cars, and newer

Possible electromagnetic sensitivity ? The wi fi box is directly below his room and he had three things plugged into is outlet right beside his bed

Might be crazy but I will try anything !