ACN Latitudes Forums

Need LLMD for 8 year old - in NY area but will travel

Hi, I am looking for personal referrals from parents who would recommend pediatric LLMD's they have seen. My 8 year old was just dx with Lyme (2 bands IGM positive), but based on everything I have read since the diagnosis she had signs of it in April 2010 and one IGM band positive when tested 2 weeks after her symtoms which I now know where classic Lyme. My peditrician has advised me she knows nothing outside of the 21 day antibiotic prescription (she gave one extra week that I requested,) and a rheumatologist wants to restest and was not very helpful. 2 weeks after the last dose, her symptoms are creeping back.

I have received some referrals from board administrators, but feel very uncertain about going to a doctor without a referral from someone who has taken their child there. I would be grateful if anyone would PM me on this topic. We live in Wetschester NY, so New York, CT, New Jersey and PA would be most convenient. Someone who takes insurance would be preferable but would consider all options.

Two names that have come up are Dr. V. in Staten Island and Dr. C in PA, Staten Island would be a good option if that works due to proximity and he takes my insurance. Dr. C is far but she just seems good from what I have read.

Thank you and my heart goes out to anyone whose child is suffering from this insidious disease.

What sort of approach are you looking for - natural, conventional, integrative? Matching your philosophy with the doctor's is important as you're going to be together for awhile.

What sort of approach are you looking for - natural, conventional, integrative? Matching your philosophy with the doctor's is important as you're going to be together for awhile.

Hi LLM, thank you for responding. Since the diagnosis is new, and we are just starting to try to get treatment, I would be most comfortable with a conventional medical approach with natural elements if that makes sense. Personally, I have used (succesfully) Chinese herbs, resveratral and astral fruit as fertility treatments for myself, but for my daughter I am just more comfortable trying all medical options first supported with natural options. If all western medical options failed, I would move to alternatives. I have started giving her foot soaks with Dead Sea salts and will start her on resveratral. Have been giving her more than the usual amount of fruits and also giving her DHA vitamins.

If you can give me any recommendations, they are very much appreciated.

When my peditraician told me the news, I knew it was bad but I had absolutley no idea how bad this actually is.

One of the best pediatric LLMDs in the area is Dr J in CT. He is conventional in his approach and there are several on the forum whose kids see him. I'm sure he's booking many months ahead but if you get on the waiting list and can travel at the last minute, you can get bumped up - sometimes in a matter of weeks. Hopefully, those who see him will PM you his contact info. I no longer have it.