ACN Latitudes Forums

Dizzy, other vestibular/sensation-type symptoms?

When ds came downstairs this am he told me he felt dizzy-- and that he had waited a bit before coming downstairs because of course it hadn't occurred to him to call to me for help or go to his dad and sister who were also upstairs :huh:. I looked him over and made him balance, walk, etc. and he looked fine. He also looked like he was still sleepy-- it was a bit early for him to be up-- so I fed him breakfast and then he seemed to be okay. Then a while later he complained that he could feel the earth spinning.

Then a while after that one he complained that he felt like he was shivering but he wasn't cold. No fever/visible signs of illness. Seemed warm and no goosebumps or anything. That, too passed after a bit. He's been out of sorts all day and his OCD is spiking (again). Now he just walked in while I was making dinner and complained that he felt like he was in an elevator, an elevator that's going down (he's not my metaphorical child-- he meant the sensation). And now he's complaining of dizziness again-- and said that he feels dizzy only he's not dizzy.

Anyone's child experience anything like this? I could have rolled with it being a fluke thing this morning, but with it persisting like this it's really getting me worried.

Edited by thenmama

Me too-- though he's on Clindamycin. He was at the doc's middle of last week and we were told his one ear looked retracted from congestion/pressure-- but no infection then. Guess I'll be bringing him in to the ped tomorrow. And I was already planning to contact our PANDAS doc tomorrow to make an appointment, so guess we'll be covered on all fronts.

Naturally after I posted this he decided to demonstrate his dizziness for me, and then he posed on one leg and very obviously/gently dropped himself ("fell") to the ground. That could have been him/OCD needing to make everything consistent (feel dizzy so I must become literally dizzy for this to make sense), could have been him trying to demo what it felt like, trying to make me believe what he's feeling or OCD is telling him, or who knows. He's also a 7-year-old part-time superhero, ya know?

Our family has been through some sort of virus (I'm assuming virus because DD10 got it and she is on biaxin/rifampin, but maybe not) that lasts a couple of weeks. It has effected our inner ears, and we have all been dizzy, a little fluey (achy, a few chills), very productive cough, out of sorts. We would start feeling better, and then relapse. This happened several times, and now it's just the dizziness coming and going. Even my sister who lives 3 hours away got it as well as some friends of hers. At first I thought it was my lyme acting up (I think everything is my lyme acting up), and then it could be DD10's lyme/bart acting up, so when I heard from husband/son/sister/friends about the same symtoms I felt like saying "great, glad to hear you have it too!". But I kept that to myself.

Our PANDAS ds has frequently complained of dizziness. During his initial illness (when he was diagnosed ARF / SC), he often had a clumsy, drunken gait while walking and seemed to have balance issues, sometimes crumpling to the ground (we called it "the rag doll effect"). This is a common symptom for SC and appears to affect PANDAS kids as well. Related to the basal ganglia inflammation / motor control issues?