ACN Latitudes Forums

Permanent Ear Accupuncture for OCD

My good friend is an accupuncturist(sp) Ill call her in a few and get back to you

Has anyone tried this? I have been reading about it and it looks interesting. Would love to hear from anyone who has tried it.

Hi Nancy,

Pre-PANDAS diagnosis I had some accupuncture done, including one where a teeny tiny needle was left in my ear for a week. I did feel better during that time period, but can't say yay or nay that it was definitly the accupuncture. Certainly is something interesting though.

We tried acupuncture with my dd as well. Sometimes he would leave the balls (he didn't use needles) in different spots on her body. It was her ear at one point. I can't say it helped a whole lot. She said the accupuncture in general made her feel a little more calm, but it was usually pretty short lived.

spoke to my friend she know nothing about it.Send me the article ill forward it to her

Hi Kara,

Yes, sounds like you may have done auriculotherapy. It's a little ball that goes in a specific spot in the ear and stays in for ~2 weeks. I found someone next town over from you who does it and he takes all insurance. I think we may try it with my DD. It's supposed to help with anxiety. It can't hurt.

Nancy

We tried acupuncture with my dd as well. Sometimes he would leave the balls (he didn't use needles) in different spots on her body. It was her ear at one point. I can't say it helped a whole lot. She said the accupuncture in general made her feel a little more calm, but it was usually pretty short lived.

My friend calls itncellation. She uses seeds and gold balls

Edited by melanie