ACN Latitudes Forums

About to start diflucan

coco

Well, about to start dd12 on 30 days 1/2 tsp daily on diflucan. Would you pause abx for the duration? Should I start activated charcoal or bentonite clay simultaneously? I know many of your kids experienced die off uptick in behaviors...would you keep her home from school, start Friday night so we can get a weekend under our belt? Thanks for your help!

Hi Coco

Im not sure what I would do with the antibiotics so hopefully others will chime in but I think it's a good idea to start on the weekend and give lots of charcoal or bentonite several hours after the diflucan. At one point I was giving my daughter up to 15 charcoal pills a night when starting Lyme treatment. I'm not sure I ever really saw a difference with the herx but I would think it would be very helpful with yeast die off.

Well, about to start dd12 on 30 days 1/2 tsp daily on diflucan. Would you pause abx for the duration? Should I start activated charcoal or bentonite clay simultaneously? I know many of your kids experienced die off uptick in behaviors...would you keep her home from school, start Friday night so we can get a weekend under our belt? Thanks for your help!

I am unsure about Diflucan..... Would you try garlic and acidophilus instead??

Hi - just our recent experience with both ds4 and me but for us it took 2-3 days for die off type symptoms to show. We were both ok day 1 and 2 but really tanked on day 3. If I were doing it with my school age dd, I'd be tempted to start thursday night, hope friday wasn't too bad and have the weekend for the really yucky feeling days.

My ds4 PANDAS has flared throughout most of our 14 day course, mind you, but he felt the worse days 3-5 I think. Yesterday, day 13 he actaully seemed to start coming round behaviour-wise which I'm hoping means his die off has died off:)

We didn't add anything else except lots of probiotics and are now adding in s.boulardii. He did develop what looked like a patch of eczema on his face but that could be coincidental although not normal for him.

Good luck, hope it works. I think yeast is b***h. My mom has had issues for years and she finally did a month long course of diflucan, backfilled with good quality probiotics and s.boulardii AND did a yeast diet eg no sugar/no carbs for a whole month. 2 weeks later the yeast came roaring back. I think for some folks it may be a kind of specific immune def. dunno. My ds is just a yeasty kid. We'll get him swabbed again (throat) in a couple of weeks. See if it's gone from there, at least.....

Thanks so much for your input, I appreciate it. I will start her on it tonite. I just hope the yeast isnt chronic. She's been on a billion probiotics and goat kefir, but I will add to it, add the charcoal and stop abx for a while and see what happens.

A: It's all in the milk! Goat milk protein, carbohydrates and fats are all easily digested. Goat milk is similar to human milk in its protein composition, having more short and medium-chain fatty acids, whereas cow milk tends to contain long-chain fatty acids. Cow milk contains agglutinin, which also hinders digestion. Agglutinin causes the fat particles in milk to group together, forming clusters which can be difficult for humans to digest.

I copied the above from the redwood farms site, that's the product I buy. Also don't buy nonfat, the goodies need the fats to proliferate.

I mix it in a smoothie with coconut water, banana, supps, extra 50 billion probiotics a little stevia and honey. Bottoms up!

A: It's all in the milk! Goat milk protein, carbohydrates and fats are all easily digested. Goat milk is similar to human milk in its protein composition, having more short and medium-chain fatty acids, whereas cow milk tends to contain long-chain fatty acids. Cow milk contains agglutinin, which also hinders digestion. Agglutinin causes the fat particles in milk to group together, forming clusters which can be difficult for humans to digest.

I copied the above from the redwood farms site, that's the product I buy. Also don't buy nonfat, the goodies need the fats to proliferate.

I mix it in a smoothie with coconut water, banana, supps, extra 50 billion probiotics a little stevia and honey. Bottoms up!

Thank you.