ACN Latitudes Forums

Good LLMD in PA?

We went to dinner at our friend's Sunday night and his brother was in town, visiting from Pennsylvania. It turns out at least 3 of his 6 boys have OCD, panic attacks, and various physical health problems. He said one of them "had Lyme twice." The docs gave a couple weeks of abx each time and said it will always be in his system, but that's all they need to do. :angry:

Anyway, I told him I'd get names of some REAL Lyme doctors near where he lives. He said he's near the Poconos, but I'm sure they'd drive a few hours to get help.

If you have a recommendation, can you PM me?

Thanks in advance!!

I also have heard good things about Ann Corson.

Ann Corson has a very long waiting list--I think around a year. We are seeing Dr. Marc Schwartz in Jenkinstown, PA (near Philadelphia). He is a lyme doctor that uses A.R.T. testing and Klinghardt protocols. He has about a three-month waiting list.

How is it going?

I also have heard good things about Ann Corson.

Ann Corson has a very long waiting list--I think around a year. We are seeing Dr. Marc Schwartz in Jenkinstown, PA (near Philadelphia). He is a lyme doctor that uses A.R.T. testing and Klinghardt protocols. He has about a three-month waiting list.

Is Dr. Schwartz part of ILADS?

How is it going?

My son will finish the Klinghardt 6-week parasite protocol tomorrow. He began to herx during the last two weeks while on Alinia, as Dr. Schwartz expected. No improvements yet, though my son says he is "stronger" with his OCD, meaning though he is "herxing," he is pushing through it better than he would have been able to on a normal bad day (if that makes sense). We have an appointment tomorrow, and I'm hoping my son will start the personalized Klinghardt "lyme cocktail" at that time. Dr. Schwartz is expecting noticeable improvement with the cocktail. But he wanted the parasites treated first. Hopefully I'll have good news to post soon.

Is Dr. Schwartz part of ILADS?

I'm not sure of the answer to that, maybe someone else can chime in. But he is a LLMD, if that is what you mean. He understands chronic lyme and chronic infection better than any lyme doctor I've been to yet, and I've been to three others. He is an Klinghardt-trained ART practitioner, so he will use natural things first and medicine second. That said, however, he will not hesitate to prescribe meds for as long as needed. He really is the best of both worlds. The only drawback of course is that natural things are very expensive and not covered by insurance. But since we all have a money tree growing in our backyard, that is no problem. :)

How is it going?

My son will finish the Klinghardt 6-week parasite protocol tomorrow. He began to herx during the last two weeks while on Alinia, as Dr. Schwartz expected. No improvements yet, though my son says he is "stronger" with his OCD, meaning though he is "herxing," he is pushing through it better than he would have been able to on a normal bad day (if that makes sense). We have an appointment tomorrow, and I'm hoping my son will start the personalized Klinghardt "lyme cocktail" at that time. Dr. Schwartz is expecting noticeable improvement with the cocktail. But he wanted the parasites treated first. Hopefully I'll have good news to post soon.

Thank you for sharing. I'm glad he is pushing through his herx. I hope to hear good news soon! How is your son with the taste of the supplements? I'm considering an appt. for my daughter, but know she would have an extremely difficult time with the taste of the supplements. She is very finiky that way...does much better with pills/capsules than liquids (at the moment).

Edited by philamom

Thank you for sharing. I'm glad he is pushing through his herx. I hope to hear good news soon! How is your son with the taste of the supplements? I'm considering an appt. for my daughter, but know she would have an extremely difficult time with the taste of the supplements. She is very finiky that way...does much better with pills/capsules than liquids (at the moment).

Thank you for your encouragement. Wishing your daughter well too. I know you have been through a lot. My son is older, 17, so the pills don't bother him at all. The "Regulat" he is taking has a bad taste (and smell), so we mix it with apple juice. That is the only one he complains about. Dr. Schwartz's assistant has two young children with PANDAS/lyme. Maybe you could call the office and ask to speak with her. I'm sure she has lots of suggestions for getting the supplements down. Her name is Lisa.

One thing I wanted to mention. Though he schedules first appointments for Wednesdays when he is not busy, any future appointments are on busy days and he is usually running very behind. Fridays are the worst--we waited two hours. He is a very compassionate person and thinks nothing to allow a 15-minute appointment to take 30 or 45 minutes, so you can see how he easily gets very behind. So the trick is to call before you come to see how behind he is running. And it's best, if possible, to make appointments on any day but Friday.

I worked with Lisa when I saw Dr. Scwartz for a few months in the summer. She was very helpful. My daughter would be fine with capsules, but when I saw him, mostly liquids were suggested. I mixed the Regulat with pomegrade juice at first, then eventually just drank it like a shot of whiskey. The supplements I had a hard time with (taste wise) were "Nestmann" Bucco and Cholenest. Also had a hard time chewing a tablet called "leaky gut" (yuck) - he switched it to something else though. I hope you see success soon! please keep us posted