ACN Latitudes Forums

I want to buy my own rapid strep tests for home use

Yes. I ordered mine on amazon. Not sure if it is the most accurate since we have yet to get a positive. (just ordered last month). I have been taking my son once at least once a month to the doctor to get a strep test and was tired of paying the office visit cost. I have been testing him once a week and so far everything is negative. I also tested everyone in the household. That being said, there have been times where his strep shows up only on the 48 hour culture and that can only be done at the doctor. Of course, if I feel like he might have it, I will go straight to the doctor regardless of the home test. I will post in the future with results and brand once I confirm their accuracy. My son doesn't mind getting swabbed and it just makes me feel better knowing I have it on hand. The doctor bills keep adding up and the cost of home test was very inexpensive. This is probably frowned upon but I need every ounce of ammunition when I see my pediatrician or neurologist since they just consider him to have a "tic disorder and anxiety that waxes and wanes and just happens to occur when he iis positive for strep). Yeah, right!

I have had great success with these. My box had an 18 month shelf life.

Strep Tests 25/bx $28.95 - Price Any Time For One Box

www.docsavings.com/

These appear to be very accurate. I have used them on several family members and have gotten Positive swabs! Just make sure you get a really good swab. I gag everyone several times!

Edited by Haileymadison

Thank you. I want them for the smae reasons. I am dishing out hundreds on strep tests and copays. I certainly will bring the kiddos in if they need it but if they dont then I just saved a bunch of money and time.

Thanks!

These also come in very handy! My SIL/Ped is a 45 minute drive away. She trust this particular brand, so she has no problem calling me in antibiotics when I get a Positive swab. They are also great for checking to see if a current infection has cleared. I usually test a couple of days after finishing antibiotics and then again a week or so later to make sure its completely gone.