ACN Latitudes Forums

Allergy Testing

Has anyone had their PANDAS child allergy tested? DS8 is having a terrible time w/ eye allergies. We can't get him off Patanol(prescription eye drop). If we stop giving it to him, his eyes are immediately bright red and itchy. This has been going on since spring 2010.

He's doing really well right now, PANDAS wise, but the eye thing is bothersome and I have been thinking its time to address it. The dr wants to do the skin testing at the appointment next Thurs. Anyone done this on a PANDAS child? The last thing I want to do is cause a bump in the road.

Has anyone started allergy shots in a PANDAS child?

Cindy

I agonized over this for a long time, and finally decided to do it. We had NO bumps from it whatsoever. DD is 8 as well. She didn't show up anything but walnuts (although I don't think they did a very complete panel....more just to humor me). I asked on the forum this question a few months ago, and the overwhelming response was that it would be fine. And it was.

Thank you so much. I thought it was the right thing to do and made the appt. Since then I have second guessed myself for being dumb enough to rock the boat. DS's allergies do not seem connected to his PANDAS at all. This poor doctor won't know what hit him when I get there w/ DS.

Curious what kind of bumps/rash on his face/arms? My dd seems to get sort of reddish cheeks that are just a little bumpy now and then.

We are doing testing on Mar. 6th. My son is having several PANDAS symptoms so for us it won't hurt even if it causes a bump b/c our road is already bumpy. I am hoping it will shed some light on his symptoms and all the bumps/rash on his face and arms.

Good luck!