ACN Latitudes Forums

C. Diff

mdmom

My son is currently dealing with this and his symptoms improved dramatically with Flagyl and Sacchromydes Boulardi. Flagyl is 10 day abx but dr said we could go longer if need be. Sacch Boulardi is a probiotic that is known to kill Clostridia and crowd out yeast. My son improved within a few days on this regimen.

As the clostridia is killed off you will smell it in the urine (ammonia) and also bowel movements noticable as well.

DD12 had an OAT test recently which showed the presence of C-diff. How is this treated? She is about to start back on Babesia treatment (Mepron, Azith, Bactrim) and we'll add in Minocycline for Lyme in a few weeks.

My son is currently dealing with this and his symptoms improved dramatically with Flagyl and Sacchromydes Boulardi. Flagyl is 10 day abx but dr said we could go longer if need be. Sacch Boulardi is a probiotic that is known to kill Clostridia and crowd out yeast. My son improved within a few days on this regimen.

As the clostridia is killed off you will smell it in the urine (ammonia) and also bowel movements noticable as well.

DD12 had an OAT test recently which showed the presence of C-diff. How is this treated? She is about to start back on Babesia treatment (Mepron, Azith, Bactrim) and we'll add in Minocycline for Lyme in a few weeks.

We use Saccromyces Boulardi preventatively, and my daughter has hung in with mepron, zithromax, and cefdinar, as well as tindamax most recently. How much do you give your daughter? She is taking 5 pills two times a day, and also 280 billion 15-35 probiotic at bedtime. No idea if that is enough, I came up with it on my own.

2 capsules of Sach B which I believe = 6 billion and then probiotics 200 billion of multi strain of the acidophillus family. My son does not do well on other strains like bifido. MY ds7 weighs 58lbs and seems to be sensitive to supplements. Thats great your daughter is warding off cdiff with that combo. what your doing is working and that is a good thing. Clostridia was a trigger for my son and flagyl warded off a crisis.

We use Saccromyces Boulardi preventatively, and my daughter has hung in with mepron, zithromax, and cefdinar, as well as tindamax most recently. How much do you give your daughter? She is taking 5 pills two times a day, and also 280 billion 15-35 probiotic at bedtime. No idea if that is enough, I came up with it on my own.