ACN Latitudes Forums

Setback....Babesia Treatement...Take two

mdmom

We started treating Lyme and Co-infections last May for DS14 and DD12. We started with Babesia treatment - 5 months of Mepron, Azithromycin, Tindamax (and began treatment with Alinia). My daughter tested positive at the time for WA1. Then we moved onto Bartonella treatment (Rifampin, Flagyl) at which my daughter started to really decline. Her symptoms are so debilitating that she no longer is attending school.

Just found out from the doc today that it seems Babesia has reared its head and must be treated again - this time for 8 months. Seems Bactrim along with Mepron and Azith needs to be added, particularly to clear the WA1 strain of Babesia. I am so discouraged... This process feels like 1 step forward, 3 steps back. Yes, I'm whining because I have a captive audience :(

Anyone else struggling with clearing Babesia, especially WA1?

Edited by mdmom

I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling right now. We just started Babesia treatment and it is not pretty. DS is extremely cranky/moody and sometimes just downright nasty. He said last night that he doesn't feel like himself, and doesn't like himself right now. It's very hard. And we aren't even on the full treatment protocol yet.

I just wanted to mention that our LLMD specifically took our DS off Rifampin before starting Babesia treatment (he was still on it during the A-Bab challenge and things were worse than they are now). He said something about Rifampin irritating his system while they are treating Babesia (or something to that effect) - in other words, the two don't mix. So I would look into this before you start treating Babesia while he's still taking Rifampin.

Also, he really upped our detox when he saw how the A-Bab challenge affected ds. And we were already doing a fair amount of detox. What does your doctor have you doing for detox?

Hang in there. You will get through this!