ACN Latitudes Forums

Strep and Mycoplasma in the girls at Leroy, NY

lss

Dr. T has found strep in some of the girls and mycoplasma in others!

I actually wonder if they ALL had strep and ALL had mycoplasma (or ALL had both, at least when the tics were first triggered)...but seeing how it's difficult to prove strep (some of the girls may have titers that had fallen by now), it just didn't show up in all of them. The same goes for Mycoplasma...

Yes, especially since all of the girls tested positive for one of the other and a number of them tested positive for both. I also wonder if the same area was hit by both MycoP and Strep in a short time period if that would contribute to the cluster effect of these cases...

Yes, especially since all of the girls tested positive for one of the other and a number of them tested positive for both. I also wonder if the same area was hit by both MycoP and Strep in a short time period if that would contribute to the cluster effect of these cases...

YUP....or if one or the other (either strep or mycoplasma) was already in the environment (which might account for the girls with pre-existing mild symptoms/maybe pre-existing PANDAS), and the 2nd trigger came along and this cluster of tics "medical mystery" was the result.

Edited by EAMom