ACN Latitudes Forums

ocd thoughts :-(

I can just be around people and have to make sure know one is touching me or performing sexual acts on me I just sometimes think what if they touch me inappropriately or kiss me etc. I have a gf and I feel guilty at this.

also if I go to the toilet and I stand back up I have to look in toilet to make sure that no one else was sitting on it etc... very very silly things that I no are silly but I still have have to do them.

I also think what if I touch someone or something or that I have had sex or touched someone even though I haven't its so stressful and annoying

I have had ocd since I was like 9/10 I am now 22. I have overcame almost all ocd like 95% of it. however these little rituals are still niggling at me. sometimes I don't look but other times I feel very high anxiety to look depending on my mood.

it drives me insane sometimes.

I have helped myself get over 95% of my ocd its just this stupid part I still get sometimes.

I just thought I would write this to similar people who suffer with the same issue and get it off my chest.

thanks

timmy

Edited by pottsy12

• 2 weeks later...

Stinks, doesn't it. I've never had those exact ones, but sometimes I've had to check equally bizarre things.

Have you tried Cognitive Behaviour Therapy? If not, do it if you can. It helps more people, more permanently, than any other known treatment - especially with fairly typical OCD like yours, with well-defined compulsions and "reasons" for them. It's quite well respected, too, so I'd imagine you could get it on insurance.

Good luck!

Wombat140