ACN Latitudes Forums

Met with Pediatrician to start Low Dose Naltrexone

lismom

Our Pediatrician has not pescribed this before but is taking tomorrow to look into and rap his head around LDN. He said if he is satisfied with what he has read, and with no side effects at such a low dose, than we start friday. I think this may help many with compromised immune systems. My son is chronicaly fatigued still after close to a year of lyme/bart tx. I think viruses are a big part of this. We are doing this transdermaly. Not through insurance, and from our local compound pharmacy. We'll see...

I think we are going to be starting this soon (maybe next week) at the suggestion of the neurologist. She has said that it is sometimes used with kids with things like PANDAS. She sees lots of kids with autism and some with PANDAS - I think that she may have first heard of this from patients as she sees a lot of patients who are also on alternative treatments.Our LLMD said it was OK to try also.

I have a friend who started using it a few years ago with her autistic son (I question whether infections may be playing a role in his autism) and his verbal ability increased signficantly.

Anyone else using it?

I took just a moment to research and I thought this website looked interesting: http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/

lismom - let us know if you ped prescribes and if it helps. Also, any sites that are worth looking at regarding this?

Our Pediatrician has not pescribed this before but is taking tomorrow to look into and rap his head around LDN. He said if he is satisfied with what he has read, and with no side effects at such a low dose, than we start friday. I think this may help many with compromised immune systems. My son is chronicaly fatigued still after close to a year of lyme/bart tx. I think viruses are a big part of this. We are doing this transdermaly. Not through insurance, and from our local compound pharmacy. We'll see...

My son has been on this for about 3-4 months. It is used to help calm him down. Apparently, it can take up to 6 months for its effects to begin to work. Just recently we have been noticing a change in him. He is much less hyper, but seems a little tired, sluggish which we've NEVER experienced with him before. He actually started to play chess (can sit for 30 mins) something we've NEVER seen with him!! Andrea

Edited by Santi