ACN Latitudes Forums

IVIG approval without the usual denial!

Just a little good news. Our ds12 (all but 13!!)has been in need of Ivig again. It hasn't been good. The open approval BCBS begrudgingly approved for a year had expired in Dec. We went loaded for bear and tried to avert a denial in the first place. Using info Thenmama had prepared, especially the scientific literature details (I saved back some ammo in case we needed to appeal, etc., along with our note on how it has helped him, how they have ok'd it in the past, how they seem to pay for all the drugs that are NOT even approved or tested for use in kids his age (and don't really work) and IVIG is proven safe by the FDA ,etc. Well, we just rec'd word that BCBS has approved IVIG for one year!!!

Evan is currently in patient again. He needed to be admitted last Thurs. We have had to retain an attorney for us, as the state is getting weird after the police chief sucker punched us and ran to the county attorney after the ambulance run to the hospital. It was a very rough admit & transport. Evan has been to this hospital many times and the psychiatrist has been very understanding and gets the infections & brain thing.

Just wanted to pass along what worked for us!!

Dawn

Dawn,

Thanks so much for the update. It made my day to learn you got the approval!

I'm so sorry, though, for all you've been going through. I hope his treatment will improve things and relief will come your way quickly!

My thoughts are with you and your son.

-thenmama