ACN Latitudes Forums

Erin Brockovich on Dr. Drew tonight.

I just watched it. Dr. Drew made a comment about how it probably is not PANDAS/PANS because they were not experiencing any OCD symptoms. Where is this guy getting his information?

Even if OCD were a requirement for PANDAS, how would Dr. Drew even KNOW that none of the girls had any OCD (or other PANDAS symptoms)?

The coverage by Dr. Drew continues. Erin Brockovich will be on Dr. Drew tonight.

The interview is now online : http://drdrew.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/27/erin-brockovich-investigating-teen-mystery-illness/?hpt=dr_mid

Erin Brockovich states : “I think the first thing that hit me in my gut was, ‘well, you haven't necessarily ruled anything and everything in or out,’” she said. “It just seemed to be a very quick diagnosis.”

Did anyone watch the show on reg tv? The video clip doesn't show the Dr. that was on with Dr. T (the one with the bow tie). He said something about PANDAS being back on the table or something like that??

I looked at my husband and asked if I had heard that right? He thought that he had heard what I did.

Yes I watched the whole show. The dickybow Dr did indeed say the NIH is looking closely at the infectious trigger cause and he expects this may be ruled IN, within the next week! Yes, I was shocked to hear this speedy quick turnaround too!! By the sounds of Dr Drew, even if PANS is determined to be the cause, all the publicity we hope to gain by this could be drowned out by the bigger story of the toxic plume sitting below the town, which may be the cause of many other health issues in the area, cancer etc!! It also may be a combination of the two, toxins weakening immune system, so PANS could strike. Who knows but hopefully time will tell!

Kiera,

THANNNK you. I really thought I was losing it as no one was talking about it anywhere that I could find.

My mouth sure fell open. He almost said it with a sly little inside twist (or am I a little jaded). Then Dr. Drew fell all over himself pointing out how great these Dr.s had been in trying to help these families!

Dr Drew does sound a bit condescending when he talks about this, but it's obvious he's not onboard with the "conversion disorder" balloney, but he's sounding like he feels it's definitely going to be linked to the toxic situation. That may be just because he doesn't know enough about PANS, but at least he's keeping a focus on this, whatever the result may be, and he did call it PANS aswell, even though he screwed up the acronym in the beginning - all progress in the right direction for our cause! Haven't heard much from Metchner recently! Mmmmmmm!

Dr Drew does sound a bit condescending when he talks about this, but it's obvious he's not onboard with the "conversion disorder" balloney, but he's sounding like he feels it's definitely going to be linked to the toxic situation. That may be just because he doesn't know enough about PANS, but at least he's keeping a focus on this, whatever the result may be, and he did call it PANS aswell, even though he screwed up the acronym in the beginning - all progress in the right direction for our cause! Haven't heard much from Metchner recently! Mmmmmmm!

I did not catch the whole show. Thanks for letting us know this!

From the videoclip it looks like toxins are a huge possibility. I wonder how toxins affect our nervous systems and immune systems and if they increase the risk of autoimmune disorders?? Just a thought