ACN Latitudes Forums

Enhansa

Just wondering if anyone has used this brand or form of high absorption cucurmin called Enhansa?

I have read some good reports and reviews, and hate giving the Advil so much. This is a natural anti-inflammatory so thinking I may try this and see.

Wondered if anyone here has tried it and what results you saw?

Next step may be integrative/holistic physician to help heal the BBB and immune system, one step at a time though....

We are in a good place right now, not 100% but pretty darn close finally!

In addition, our dd's were diagnosed with pyrrole disorder along with Pandas which made them suspectible to pandas and weakens the immune system. We are on Enhansa, but we are also on Cod liver Oil, prescription multivitamin, vitamin d, vitamin b, primrose oil, and middle dd who has been infected longer is on abx and probiotics. We have liked the whole integrative path much more. The first 6 weeks, we saw very good improvement. So for us, it would be hard to say for sure if the Enhansa is working alone or in tandem with other supplements.

We use enhansa as well for a year now in addition to many other supplements. Everything has helped and my son is more stable than not most of the year. Not sure if its helping but I know it can't be hurting (it is an anti-inflammatory) we still have to give advil when symptoms start usually with loose teeth issues.

How did you get to this good place? I cannot remember your story. Thanks. If we ever get to a good place, we are going back to our integrative doctor to get "repaired":)

My ds8 symptoms were mild when in full exacerbation compared to some I have read here. At his worst he was still functioning, able to go to school, etc. So after tons of bloodwork etc. we are 38 days in to ABX Azithro 500 mg. We saw an amazing change and then a few minor bumps on the road when strep was in his school. But he came back to baseline very quickly due to the ABX already being on board. We do Advil when he is ramping up so to speak. Right now I would say we are 95% and holding!!! YAY! Next step is looking at how to STOP not just reduce the inflammation. This is where I think we are gonna have to LEAP out of the box not step....and get with a hollistic or integrative doc to get to the next level of healing! So I am trying to find someone good and who knows this stuff in the Florida area.

DS8 is diagnosed with Sero Negative PANS.

Triggers are strep, bacterial, and any viral that causes a fever. Dr T's "alternative fever response" is right on the money for what we have seen in our ds.

We are now a year into this....and this train is not stopping until we are have fixed the root of the evil which I feel is the immune systems response and inflammation. The ABX help rid the system, but the Advil or ibuprofen is what calms things down it seems.

We use enhansa as well for a year now in addition to many other supplements. Everything has helped and my son is more stable than not most of the year. Not sure if its helping but I know it can't be hurting (it is an anti-inflammatory) we still have to give advil when symptoms start usually with loose teeth issues.

So you still have to give Advil when it ramps up?

I am looking for something to give instead of Advil I guess. I may try the Enhansa and see what we get....

I have used that in the past and it was okay. More recently I had used Xymogen brand "Nrf2 Activator" and found it much better for me--it contains curcumin as well a 3-4 other items. The mix is much more powerful than any one of the items together.

Where do you find the Xymogen brand "Nrf2 Activator?

I would be interested in looking into this as well.

What are the 3-4 other ingredients in it you mention?

Just want to be clear on what I give ds8, don't want to add more than is needed. Also want to be able to pinpoint what is helping or hurting.

In addition, our dd's were diagnosed with pyrrole disorder along with Pandas which made them suspectible to pandas and weakens the immune system. We are on Enhansa, but we are also on Cod liver Oil, prescription multivitamin, vitamin d, vitamin b, primrose oil, and middle dd who has been infected longer is on abx and probiotics. We have liked the whole integrative path much more. The first 6 weeks, we saw very good improvement. So for us, it would be hard to say for sure if the Enhansa is working alone or in tandem with other supplements.

How do you get tested for pyrrole disorder? Are there specific symptoms to look for?

I keep hearing about this and wonder if I should dig deeper.

Is that a specific test? Or is it one that would be in the general round of bloodwork they do for PANDAS?

How does it show up on the bloodwork?

I have used that in the past and it was okay. More recently I had used Xymogen brand "Nrf2 Activator" and found it much better for me--it contains curcumin as well a 3-4 other items. The mix is much more powerful than any one of the items together.

Where do you find the Xymogen brand "Nrf2 Activator?

I would be interested in looking into this as well.

What are the 3-4 other ingredients in it you mention?

Just want to be clear on what I give ds8, don't want to add more than is needed. Also want to be able to pinpoint what is helping or hurting.

Here is a link to a bit more information on it. Other ingredients are black pepper extract, broccoli seed extract, green tea leaf extract, and pterostilbenes. Pterostilbenes are a compound in the same "family" as resveratrol. Xymogen does not sell to the public, if you will, but sells only to professionals who then can sell it. It is a very popular brand so many "alternative" health care providers (such as acupuncturists), and even some MD's, do carry and sell this brand. I believe you may also be able to find such a provider that would sell it via internet.

http://www.xymogen.com/2008/formula.asp?code=000273

How do you get tested for pyrrole disorder? Are there specific symptoms to look for?

Is that a specific test? Or is it one that would be in the general round of bloodwork they do for PANDAS?

I have not seen the test results myself so I am not totally sure. From my understanding, it is a urinalysis test checking vitamins b an zinc for sure. Specific symptoms that the doc looks for is white spots on nails. Others are on this link:

http://www.nutritional-healing.com.au/content/articles-content.php?heading=Pyroluria

Hope this helps!!!

I have not seen the test results myself so I am not totally sure. From my understanding, it is a urinalysis test checking vitamins b an zinc for sure. Specific symptoms that the doc looks for is white spots on nails. Others are on this link:

http://www.nutrition...ading=Pyroluria

Hope this helps!!!

yes thank you that does help alot!!