ACN Latitudes Forums

Dr T on Dr Drew tonight

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody got a proven e-mail address for Dr David Pisnky?

I do not want to write the CNN general box as I do not trust he will even get it this century.

I strongly feel that care more about the item and far less about the girls and that he (Dr Drew) is doing what his director is telling him and not acting according to proper medical logic.

BTW, could sb send the piece of info Dr T was allowed to mention on-screen to the PANDAS-Strep camp and esp. to the one who keeps telling us PANDAS is the name and Strep is the only proven cause.

This video clip is SUCH an important expose on the situation--Every neurologist in the country needs to watch this.

interesting that it was the NURSE that was the one to connect the dots.

Whether or not this turns out to be a "track-able infection", I hope they did rule out ALL infectious possibilities before labeling the girls with the, "diagnosis of exclusion."

(We won't really know until they TRY to see if there is a treatment effect from abx and/or steroids and/or IVIG, in my opinion.)

Do we know if any of the girls have had lumbar punctures? this is despicable.

Edited by T.Mom

One of the moms on the Dr Drew show said strep was never mentioned to them, so the Health Dept. dr saying they had ruled out any source of infection is "garbage". I honestly believe these DENT drs know it is something other than the very bogus definition of conversion disorder.

Colleen

Well, and in the news reports they kept saying that the SCHOOL (that was the Health Dept.'s turf, if I understand correctly) was tested for infection. I don't remember anyone EVER saying the GIRLS (Dent's turf) were tested for infection. How can this be?

Dr T needs to complete his examination process of record review, neuro, labs and perhaps response to medication if anything is found AND THEN lobby for his own uninterrupted segment. Hopefully in the same studio as Drew so there isn't that delay and he is mentally prepared to speak quickly and succinctly.

Someone mentioned Dr Bowtie got more time.....he was in the same studio which perhaps is what facilitated the extended professional courtesy.

Our pans/pandas docs are .....docs. They need a PR rep or asst. to help guide them through this.

Dr T needs to complete his examination process of record review, neuro, labs and perhaps response to medication if anything is found AND THEN lobby for his own uninterrupted segment.

He should probably just give up on the Dr. Drew show and go on TV with Dr. Seigel who actually has a clue about PANDAS.

Edited by EAMom

Just on Fox, Manny Alveraz said it's all in the girls' heads and compared it to a disease in a cluster of Northern CA where people felt like they had insects crawling all over them. They did a $600K study, Goleadens (sp?) and found it was all in their head. It was awful.....he then compared it to hysterical pregnancy.

Siegel needs to set Manny Alverez straight.

Sorry, it was Morgellons

http://www.foxnews.com/health/index.html

Edited by JAG10

Someone posted this on the comment thread. It's Dr. Siegel from FOX. He said PANDAS is hard to rule out!

This news clip of Dr. Siegel is GREAT!

He makes the point that it may be PANDAS and that this is not something you determine by just a throat culture!!!

He goes on to say you need to check bloodwork for titers !!! (thank you!) -- AND notes (on National TV) that EVEN THEN it may not show up--the news anchor then notes strep can hide out in different areas of the BODY! Wow!!!

Thank you Dr. Siegel for your splendid accuracy in reporting--

Edited by T.Mom