ACN Latitudes Forums

NIH and DR. T coming to Leroy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest news - Another teen is affected... now at 13 teens with tics

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/152174/37/New-LeRoy-Student-With-Strange-Illness-Emerges

Okay, I just have to laugh here, Dr. Mechtler ruled out PANDAS b/c it's "exceedingly rare?" How about ruling out Conversion Disorder and Mass Hysteria because it's a load of CR^P?

But Dr. Mechtler told Two On Your Side's Melissa Holmes by phone that he stands by his diagnosis of Conversion Disorder. He said he ruled out PANDAS because it's an exceedingly rare disease that occurs before the age of 11, although he says there are some exceptions. He says only one of the girls had a throat infection, but he will remain open-minded.

As for that diagnosis of conversion disorder, Dr. Trifiletti says he stands with many of the parents. "Honest opinion?" He asked. "It's absolute garbage. I don't believe it one bit."

This is FANTASTIC!!!

(I love that quote by Dr. T.) -- those treating PANS have seen enough that they tend to tell-it-like-it-is !

Thank you one and all! This is truly amazing!

I now hope and pray they figure out what is going on, and are able to help these dear families--

I am so thrilled that "Dr T is coming to town"....sung to the tune of "Santa claus is coming to town!"  and i love his no holes barred "garbage" response. Can't wait to hear more. But did anyone else cringe a little with his mentioning "Z-pak?". Or do we think that would do it???!!! Our experience has been hd abx, prednisolone, ivig, eye of newt, wing of bat...you know the drill.

coco--I took the "Z-pack" reference to be the INTERPRETATION of the journalist...or would it be a trans-literation?

Anyway, I thought that Dr T probably said Azithromycin, but the journalist took that to be a "Z-pack"...as we all know, a 30 day trial of antibiotics is worth a try !

Edited by T.Mom

I'm sure he was just trying to use language most easily understood by the masses by using z-pak rather than Zithromax, but I'm sure the duration would be longer and who knows what else might be required.

I wish the would have been provided an up to date photo.... If people compare that one to the one on his website to the way he currently looks they might confuse him as a master of disguise rather than disease

Edited by JAG10

T.mom, I'm sure you are right. It just bugs me a bit. I wish it would have stated something like "a preliminary/trial course of abx" -- I was just in a PPT last week for my dd's transition plans to middle school & I had previously supplied all her teachers with a pandas notebook chock full of all our best educational & convincing material, etc, and they were going to pass it all along to the next team. Progress! Leroy came up and I gave them my theory and they were all nodding with awe, as if they "knew" there was much more to mass hysteria dx because of working with my dd, & listening to my repetitive pandas lectures. Z-pak just oversimplifies my tirades! Anyway, it's all good! I've got issues! JAG - you made me laugh!

I hope they are able to arrange for all of them to have the Cunningham test and I really hope they're (Dent doctors) not shoveling those kids full of anti-psychotics.

Did you see my whack-a-mole thread? Lydia is on NINE medications to control her tics/movements (and now she blacks out--I'm guessing due to all the meds). http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16144