ACN Latitudes Forums

Help in ohio

Okay my son was identified with PANDAS in 2nd grade. That means the doctor told us that's what it was but refused to write it down as a diagnosis since as he said at the time the verdict wasn't in on this one yet. His symptoms are rough but I would say mild after reading Saving Sammy. He has tics and bouts of anger, emotion, and well for lack of a better word overall weirdness. For example he likes to follow me around constantly asking me the most insane off the wall questions and looking like I should really know the answers. Don't get me wrong its rough to see him struggle and all the pain with all the tics and well what I wouldn't give to have my kid back. Hes now in 6th grade and we basically cant get any help here in Ohio. No one is willing to do any more than antibiotics for a positive strep. Our funds are limited but I am desperate. We have had the year from ######. In June my husband who is self employed and the only one working fell and broke his back. That ended in 12 days in ICU and 2 months off work with -0- income. That same week my 3 year old decided she couldn't walk anymore and after 2 trips to children's ER they found a problem in her knee that as they stated has never been seen in a three year old. So a experimental surgery finally got her walking a month later. Then my ENT decided to take out both my older kids tonsils. My daughter 10 did fine after a 2 week recovery. My PANDAS son hemorrhaged on day six and went into emergency surgery and then hemorrhaged again and then another emergency surgery and then hemorrhaged again you get the picture. A week in children's and they finally find a blood condition causing the extensive bleeding which we have not had fully worked up yet. Oh did I mention my 10 year old daughter puts me through a daily dose of ###### as she has been recently and finally diagnosed with ADHD and ODD. I need to find something I can do and someone here in Ohio to help me. Can you guys recommend anyone? Im currently having to homeschool my son as well and would love to return him to regular school but dont think he would be able to get an IEP since he is gifted and even symptomatic breezes through his school work. Yet I made the choice to homeschool due to our schools bulley problem (including the teachers) and their very strict attendance policy. Any help and ideas Im just losing it here.

Edited by feedjke