ACN Latitudes Forums

A Cautionary Tale -Worth Reading

Guest TwinCitiesMom

Guest TwinCitiesMom

Here is a link to an article published in The City Pages, a Minneapolis newspaper, titled "Mystery Illness fells young man But to get her son's mysterious malady diagnosed, a mother must battle some of the area's top hospitals"

www.citypages.com/2008-05-14/feature/mysteryillness.../full/

The article was published May 14, 2008

Very scary! Since that was almost 4 years ago, I wonder how Cole is now? I clicked on the links to "more about Carrie Halverson," etc., and the last info I found was about a benefit being held for him in June 2008 and a few other tidbits.

If anyone in the Minneapolis area happens to know this family, please let us know how he's doing!

Very scary! Since that was almost 4 years ago, I wonder how Cole is now? I clicked on the links to "more about Carrie Halverson," etc., and the last info I found was about a benefit being held for him in June 2008 and a few other tidbits.

If anyone in the Minneapolis area happens to know this family, please let us know how he's doing!

Okay, here I am playing detective. I googled Cole Haakana (not a very common last name!) and found a match on FB who is a HS senior (so the age matches up, if he was 10 in 2005) in Minnesota.

Okay, here I am playing detective. I googled Cole Haakana (not a very common last name!) and found a match on FB who is a HS senior (so the age matches up, if he was 10 in 2005) in Minnesota.

Oh my! I just checked into his Facebook page, presuming its the same kid. This Cole is in Minnesota, and he's the right age. Physically, he certainly bears a resemblance to the kid in the photos in that article, though he's obviously grown up, and the "puffiness" is gone.

Unfortunately, though, the pictures and photos suggest a young man who might still have some issues. Pictures of alcohol, posts regarding marijuana and alcohol, and a post dated April 2011 about having to go to South Dakota for three weeks for "treatment" and a caution to his friends to "not make the same mistakes I did."

Sigh. :(

Oh my! I just checked into his Facebook page, presuming its the same kid. This Cole is in Minnesota, and he's the right age. Physically, he certainly bears a resemblance to the kid in the photos in that article, though he's obviously grown up, and the "puffiness" is gone.

Unfortunately, though, the pictures and photos suggest a young man who might still have some issues. Pictures of alcohol, posts regarding marijuana and alcohol, and a post dated April 2011 about having to go to South Dakota for three weeks for "treatment" and a caution to his friends to "not make the same mistakes I did."

Sigh. :(

Yup...I saw that. :mellow:

Apparently NMDA receptor encephalitis often occurs when a female has an ovarian tetroma (cyst). In reseraching all of this, I am finding parents who are saying their previously healthy daughters developed ovarian cysts after being vaccinated (One vaccine is cervarix for HPV). If you do searches under VAERS, ovarian tumors/cysts pop up... If I am understanding this correctly,the NMDA antibodies cause an autoimmune process where the antibodies attack the brain, causing neuro symptoms, including chorea.

Colleen