ACN Latitudes Forums

Bartonella

Suzan

dd10 came home with scratches on her back that made me wonder if it was a Bartonella rash. It just looks like cat scratches though, not stretch marks.

What are your experiences of Bartonella symptoms in your kids?

She's doing heavy metal detox which I've been assuming that is what her trouble is. I noticed one Bartonella symptom is being combative and you can surely say that is her right now. Her primary attitude and tone of voice is "you are an idiot why am I spending any time talking to you" or "I hate myself because I can't do anything right but you are an idiot anyway" or "I hate your guts and you are an absolute idiot" (see a trend :D ) and refusal do do anything that is required of her (taking pills, getting dressed, helping to decide what she wants to eat since she won't eat anything that is made for her otherwise anyway).

She's 10 and starting to go through puberty. This is my first pre-teenish kid so I can't tell what is just normal and her horrid personality and what is also because she has a chronic infection. If it's puberty, is life really going to be like this for the next 8 years with no hope of a cure? Lyme parents should be exempt from puberty in their kids.

Ok so I got off on a tangent on puberty but I really think there is a combination and something else is rearing it's head.

Susan,

Your comments on puberty made me laugh, so sad the things we find funny in our dark, weird world. Can I ask what you are doing for the heavy metal detox? Is she on antibiotics? I have a mom theory but have no idea if it is even possible. With all the talk about metals, detox, KPU, and biofilm treatment I am wondering if it is possible that when one is treated for metals...if the metals are part of the biofilm matrix and are pulled out, wouldn't bugs like bartonella or lyme or whatever else is hiding within the biofilm come out too? Hence a herx rash like you are seeing? Could you be killing more bartonella and other stuff as your daughter is treated for metals because they have been hiding within the biofilms? I don't know if this even makes sense but I wonder.

Kim

Edited by momofgirls

My boy's bart rash on his back looks like fine, somewhat interrupted, scratches, only all the redness is below the surface. In fact, he is experiencing some of these now. His back was full of them at one point earlier this year. They do not look like stretch marks. These have been coming and going. Dawn

I am convinced when doing chelation, it can release all sorts of nasty bacteria that is/can be tied up with it.

This is what happened to us last year - did 5 weekends in a row (first time)

of chelation with DMSA around the clock, going up in dose, and coming off the 5th weekend my

dd crashed hardcore into PANS- became rather incapacitated, and we started our PANS journey,

giving antibiotics for the first time to try and pull her out.

Our LLMD believes we need to get the bacteria load down (Lyme and co.)

before trying chelation again.

Or, I am thinking, having antibiotics and binders on board to deal with the fallout.

Susan,

Your comments on puberty made me laugh, so sad the things we find funny in our dark, weird world. Can I ask what you are doing for the heavy metal detox? Is she on antibiotics? I have a mom theory but have no idea if it is even possible. With all the talk about metals, detox, KPU, and biofilm treatment I am wondering if it is possible that when one is treated for metals...if the metals are part of the biofilm matrix and are pulled out, wouldn't bugs like bartonella or lyme or whatever else is hiding within the biofilm come out too? Hence a herx rash like you are seeing? Could you be killing more bartonella and other stuff as your daughter is treated for metals because they have been hiding within the biofilms? I don't know if this even makes sense but I wonder.

Kim

http://www.bodyhealth.com/html/metalfree/index.asp

I buy ours from my doc but this is the product, Metal Free spray. Your theory is intersting. I will ask my doc about it. I know her personality has changed since she worked up to the full dose.

I am convinced when doing chelation, it can release all sorts of nasty bacteria that is/can be tied up with it.

This is what happened to us last year - did 5 weekends in a row (first time)

of chelation with DMSA around the clock, going up in dose, and coming off the 5th weekend my

dd crashed hardcore into PANS- became rather incapacitated, and we started our PANS journey,

giving antibiotics for the first time to try and pull her out.

Our LLMD believes we need to get the bacteria load down (Lyme and co.)

before trying chelation again.

Or, I am thinking, having antibiotics and binders on board to deal with the fallout.

That does sound like what we have going on here and fits in with Kim's theory. I have just taken her off abx to commit to the natural treatment for a while and give her gut a rest. I wonder if the metal free is too strong or fast for her.

She told me last night she is holding things together so hard while we are outside the house that when we come home she falls apart. I asked her why she thought she was so much worse at home (me thinking mold, etc.) and that was her response.

Susan

My boy's bart rash on his back looks like fine, somewhat interrupted, scratches, only all the redness is below the surface. In fact, he is experiencing some of these now. His back was full of them at one point earlier this year. They do not look like stretch marks. These have been coming and going. Dawn

This does sound like what she has going on on her back and legs. Has he had a positive bart test or is it a clinical diagnosis? What is he taking for his bart?

This does sound like what she has going on on her back and legs. Has he had a positive bart test or is it a clinical diagnosis? What is he taking for his bart?

His bart titer came back positive, but not too far positive--if that make sense. (His babesia FISH was positive). We were several months into tx for lyme & co. when the rashes showed up. When we added Grapefruit seed extract---and then an IVIG--the rashes came bigtime--and so did the behavior. Nasty. Oral Colloidal silver spray is one thing we are using against it. Rifampin is the other.

Edited by Iowadawn

That behavior is a key indicator of Bart. We are dealing with a 12 year old boy and a 15 year old girl. It can literally feel like ###### on earth. You feel like they are evil; they feel like you are evil. Our marks look like purple or red stretch marks, but they are not stretch marks. Heparin has helped us a bunch, as well as antibiotics.