ACN Latitudes Forums

Do I have OCD?

Hey everyone,

Here are my symptons.

- I have to wash my hands and spin the soap a certain number of times, usually 55.

- I can only leave the bathroom at a certain number I have arrived at in my mind.

- I have to enter my room on a certain number, and if I have a bad thought when entering my room I have to recount all over again.

- I have to lock and then unlock the car a certain number of times.

- I have good numbers and bad numbers.

- I have to turn the tap on and off a certain number of times to fill a glass of water.

- Typing and re-typing the same words.

- Certain letters and words are bad letters and words, so I have to retype them at a certain number.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

do i have ocd?

my simptoms are:

i wash my hands 4 times

i have an obsession with the number 4

i am affraid of having bad luck and i do rituals all day to avoid this

i think about bad things happening to me and my family and i say in my mind a sort of prayer 4 times

when i drink water from the bottle i close the cap many times until i feel it is well

i close the tap until i think it is well

i kiss my huseband until i feel it is the perfect kiss

and so on....

i`m not crazy

• 3 weeks later...

To both pauli_aida and Slug.

With my experince with OCD and OCPD, i would have to say that you both have a fairly signifigant case of OCD. Obessions with numbers are extremly common in people who have OCD.

In my opinion, the best stratigie is also the hardest one. Resist the OCD. COLD TURKEY. Simple as that. Only wash your hands once. Enter a room and stay there. Similar to smokeing, you will experince alot of anxiety at first but eventually you will over come the obessisons and combulsions.

Good Luck.