ACN Latitudes Forums

Dr. Klinghardt and Co-infections

I read this in an article by Dr. Klinghardt:

"The list of significant [lyme] co-infections is limited: roundworms, tapeworms, threadworms, toxoplasmosis, giardia and amoebas, clostridia, the herpes virus family, parvovirus B 19, active measles (in the small intestine), leptospirosis, chronic strep infections and their mutations, Babesia, Brucella, Ehrlichiosis, Bartonella, mycoplasma, Rickettsia, Bartonella and a few others."

There are many more infections here than are typically thought of as lyme co-infections, and I was curious if anyone has any thoughts on this. Is he saying, for instance, that ticks can pass roundworm? This is very interesting to me because my son tested positive for "hook worm" in his Metametrix testing.

I was also wondering what he meant by "chronic strep infections." Is he saying that ticks can carry more virulent types of strep that are hard to get over and therefore cause chronic infection? Would this be the reason why my son's DNASE continues to rise while his ASO is normal?

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts.

I'm not well read on Klinghardt, so speculation on my part, but from what little I've heard him say, my interpretation is that ticks carry some of these things and then make the body weak enough that you become a target for other things, unable to clear them - not that ticks carry all of these things. I think he subscribes to the "perfect storm" concept where it takes a series of events to make someone chronically ill. He's said he actually thinks lyme is only a small part of the chronic illness. But I'm sure others who know his work better can add much more.

I read this in an article by Dr. Klinghardt:

"The list of significant [lyme] co-infections is limited: roundworms, tapeworms, threadworms, toxoplasmosis, giardia and amoebas, clostridia, the herpes virus family, parvovirus B 19, active measles (in the small intestine), leptospirosis, chronic strep infections and their mutations, Babesia, Brucella, Ehrlichiosis, Bartonella, mycoplasma, Rickettsia, Bartonella and a few others."

There are many more infections here than are typically thought of as lyme co-infections, and I was curious if anyone has any thoughts on this. Is he saying, for instance, that ticks can pass roundworm? This is very interesting to me because my son tested positive for "hook worm" in his Metametrix testing.

I was also wondering what he meant by "chronic strep infections." Is he saying that ticks can carry more virulent types of strep that are hard to get over and therefore cause chronic infection? Would this be the reason why my son's DNASE continues to rise while his ASO is normal?

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts.

Do you have a link to the article? Is it online? I'd like to read it. Thanks!

Suzan -- Here's the link:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/08/04/Dr-Klinghardts-Treatment-of-Lyme-Disease.aspx

I read the article further, and maybe I answered my own question. It says this:

Most often several of the “co-infections” are already present prior to the infection with Bb or other spirochetes.

Suzan -- Here's the link:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/08/04/Dr-Klinghardts-Treatment-of-Lyme-Disease.aspx

I read the article further, and maybe I answered my own question. It says this:

Most often several of the “co-infections” are already present prior to the infection with Bb or other spirochetes.

Thanks! It does make you wonder though about the kids who were born with lyme and it's interaction with strep and they end up with pandas, pitands, etc. I'll take a look at the article.