ACN Latitudes Forums

Leroy story on CNN now dr Gupta 10:30 pm EST

coco

Oh geez, that ridiculous "conversion disorder" business again! Honestly . . . that's even LESS of a diagnosis than anything else I can think of!

I just sent Anderson Cooper an email and told him he needs to talk to other people about what this mysterious LeRoy condition might actually be: Dr. T., Swedo, Cunningham, etc.

Maybe he needs a few more emails! Whaddaya say, ladies (and gents)?! :lol:

Oh geez, that ridiculous "conversion disorder" business again! Honestly . . . that's even LESS of a diagnosis than anything else I can think of!

I just sent Anderson Cooper an email and told him he needs to talk to other people about what this mysterious LeRoy condition might actually be: Dr. T., Swedo, Cunningham, etc.

Maybe he needs a few more emails! Whaddaya say, ladies (and gents)?! :lol:

Was it just me, or did your guys get the feeling that Cooper and Gupta approached the "conversion disorder" diagnosis with a bit of skepticism?

Gupta did explain that it was a "diagnosis of exclusion", a diagnosis you get to after ruling everything else out.

I like that Gupta mentioned there may be other girls (beyond the 12) affected (perhaps with milder symptoms), that it may be more widespread. I was actually thinking the same thing, or that there may be girls with more psych. symptoms (anxiety/ocd) that are flying under the radar.

I think the part where the mom talked about how when they first brought Thera in and the nurse said "something is going on, you are the 4th girl in this week with these symptoms", was interesting and made the 'mass hysteria' aspect of this(saying the girls were copying each other) seem a bit more absurd.

It was mentioned that grades 8-12 were affected, that some of the girls were friends, but others didn't know each other.

Unfortunately strep/pandas/sc was not mentioned.

Oh, and gardasil was ruled out as not all the girls affected received the vaccine.

Edited by EAMom

If you haven't already...read Lauren Johnson's mom post about Sanjay Gupta on their media experience.

My comment to Anderson Cooper/Sanjay Gupta....

"First the clueless psychiatrist on the Today show (where did you find her?) now AndersonCooper, tonight! Really Anderson? After Sanjay Gupta tells the world, two years ago, that my daughters overnight sneezing tic 25,000 a day is "psychosomatic" only to look like a fool when my daughter finds healing (and proper diagnosis) AFTER high dose antibiotics and IVIG you have him back on your show to do the same damage to these poor sick girls in Leroy, NY. SHAME ON YOU! There are infectious triggers causing these kids to be sick. we have had over 4,000 families reach out to our organization www.pandasresourcenetwork.org in the last two years who's children have found healing and it WASN'T through psychiatric treatment and psycho-tropic medication. WAKE UP!!! Please tell the WHOLE STORY!!! "

I would LOVE to pull in Sanjays salary to pull BS straight out of my....

How do you get hold of Gupta and Anderson Cooper to make comments? I can't figure out how to do it. I think we should all blast him with emails to contact Dr. C., Dr. Swedo (who may not be able to talk, because she's a government employeee...just a thought), Dr. L, Dr. B, etc.

Maybe if we all bombard him, giving personal experience, he might actually do another report.. Perhaps there's a certain strain of strep OR, did everyone get A vaccine (any vaccine,) for instance, did some get flu/chicken pox booster, others get gardisil, etc. and then they all got exposed to strep, etc. My older DS became suicidal after getting the chicken pox/flu vaccines (that's when we found out he had PANS.) There's some major stuff going around this year. DS and I have been fighting off strep and mycoP since November (he's missed about 2 months of school.) Almost every one of my clients (children and families) have had strep, the stomach flu and/or pneumonia (I treat babies!!!), and I'm actually thinking of taking off a month or 2 to get over this thing.

There's no way they've truly checked out the infection and/or infection/vaccine issue.

And, mass hysteria/conversion disorder in which they ALL get the SAME SYMTPOMS is just ludicrous.

How do you get hold of Gupta and Anderson Cooper to make comments? I can't figure out how to do it. I think we should all blast him with emails to contact Dr. C., Dr. Swedo (who may not be able to talk, because she's a government employeee...just a thought), Dr. L, Dr. B, etc.

There's an "Email Us" link on the page, and you can write pretty much as you want to there (though I tried to keep it semi-short so it wouldn't be a burden for a first read). You're giving them your email address in return, so they can always contact you to follow up.

Email Anderson

Gupta works at the DENT institute with these other two docs. That are treating the Leroy girls no wonder he's sidding with them on the conversion theory. Grr...

Ahh, so now we know that not mentioning PANDAS/PANS/SC was quite deliberate.

I also found this on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanjay_Gupta :

"Others have criticized Gupta's promotion of Merck's cervical cancer vaccine Gardasil, without disclosing the financial arrangements between CNN and Merck.[35]"

How can we expect objective reporting when the reporter has ties to both Dent and Gardasil. No wonder he made a point to say Gardasil was not involved.

Edited by EAMom