ACN Latitudes Forums

Today show update begining now

I have heard a lot of people suggest the gardasil vaccine as a possible cause.

I would like to have answers to 2 simple question - 1. Have these girls all had the vaccine? and 2. When did they have it in relation so the symptoms appearing?

Since this vaccine is highly recomended and considered routine in this age group - you would you would think that privacy issues would not be involved here.

Also, data on other vaccines that the girls have had recently would be a good idea.

I would think that if a vaccine were involved it would have been mentioned. Why be quiet about a recent vaccine? Surely one of the parents would have come forward and stated that their daughter recently had a vaccine. It seems that one of the parents would have put two and two together if their child recently had a vaccine and would have compared notes with the other parents.

I just want to add how proud I am of those teenage girls for being brave enough to go on national television. Being a teenage girl is hard enough, then add to it all this controversy (and BS)regarding their symptoms. Everyone here on this forum realizes this isn't mass hysteria but imagine having that being branded on you as a teenager. I feel so terrible for each of those kids and their families. It is hard enough to deal with the sudden onset and all the emotions that go along with that. I can't imagine adding all this media attention to that. Praying for them all.....

Dedee

Yes, praying for them all to, for quick healing.

Just a note on the Gardisal vaccine:

In the state of CA, the Govenor, Jerry Brown, signed a law that minors may get the Gardisal vaccine,

WITHOUT the parents consent.

So, if the school is offering, tell the girls about it, the girl can get the vaccine right there without telling/notifying the parents.

Quite hard to believe, but it is true, and not sure if any/other states are doing this.

I would think that if a vaccine were involved it would have been mentioned. Why be quiet about a recent vaccine? Surely one of the parents would have come forward and stated that their daughter recently had a vaccine. It seems that one of the parents would have put two and two together if their child recently had a vaccine and would have compared notes with the other parents.

I think if they were my kids, and they recently had that vaccine and this was going on and getting national coverage, I'd be worried about protecting them from how they might be treated the rest of their lives, and in that sense, I would be cautious abount disclosing they had the vaccine. Just thinking, even if one might feel comfortable about giving the vaccine, there are always crazies who might judge what that says about the child. So I'm not reading too much into the fact that this has not been disclosed.

I would like to have answers to 2 simple question - 1. Have these girls all had the vaccine? and 2. When did they have it in relation so the symptoms appearing?

Yup, me too. You would think that would be an easy thing to figure out!

Because the parents may not have made the connection. Or they may have brought it up to the Drs who reassured them that it can't be the vaccine since it is safe.

see http://truthaboutgardasil.org/injuries-continued/

I picked this page because the first story is about girl continued to get round 2 and 3 of the vaccine because they did not make the connection after the first go round with it. (Reminds me of when my son kept vomitting as an infant - it took me forever to realize it was the rice cereal I was trying to feed him - who would have thought!!!)

Also the girl from OHio a few stories down the page was featured in our local paper a couple of years ago (she had attended the same grade school my kids do but I don't know the family). Even though her parents thought it may be the vaccine most the doctors she went to said that it can not be and that the vaccine is safe (see a correlation with PANDAS?) Her reaction was also not immediate - a couple of weeks after recieving the vaccine - that might make it hard for someone to think of if it is not on their radar. She also was shunned by others in her high schoo. Others girls where saying "It can't be the vaccine - I got it and I am OK" - perhaps the parents don't want to speak out until they get the data.

I am not saying that this is it - just something that could be intitially checked out with some basic information.

I noticed they mentioned the environmental studies done - but there was no follow up on their "elimination" of infections or contagious diseases?

Yes, me too. I also wonder if they have been evaluated for Sydenham's Chorea. Even if these docs are total PANDAS naysayers, they can not deny SC. http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Sydenhams+Chorea BTW, there were a couple of men (teens?) who posted on the Today Show FB page, saying that their sisters had SC, and it looked exactly like Thera's symptoms.

With regard to age, the incidence of Sydenham's chorea is higher in childhood and adolescence than in adult life. It occurs more frequently in females than in males; the gender ratio is thought to be about 2 F: 1 M. Since the peak incidence of rheumatic fever in North America occurs in late winter and spring, Sydenham's chorea is more likely to occur in the summer and early fall.

and

Because rheumatic fever is such a damaging disease, a complete evaluation should be done whenever it is suspected. This includes cultures for streptococci, blood tests, and usually an electrocardiogram (heartbeat mapping to detect abnormalities).

and

Suspected streptococcal infections must be treated. All the other manifestations of rheumatic fever, including Sydenham's chorea and excluding heart valve damage, remit with the acute disease and do not require treatment. Sydenham's chorea generally lasts for several months.

Edited by EAMom

The thing about all of this that really bothers me is that I simply don't understand why they readily accept a diagnosis of conversion hysteria, but completely dismiss the idea that it could be Pandas or Sydenham's.

It makes no sense..........

Why is it possible to so completely favor one diagnosis over another, even in the face of mounting evidence, clinical anecdotes, and evolving research?

Is it just because you can make a diagnosis of conversion disorder with impunity and that there's really no way to disprove it?

Michael Tampa and Aidens mom you both make excellent points. I am going to throw up my hands at this point. My prayers go out to the girls and their families. I know how hard this is for them. However, I feel a little sick about the fact that I am speculating and guessing and posting over something that I have very very little information about. I don't trust the media and I don't know the story. I am wary about guessing that this is pandas because I don't have the facts. I only hope that if it is pandas or whatever it may be that they are blessed with a speedy recovery.