ACN Latitudes Forums

Tindamax - black box warning

KaraM

My dd9 is on Tindamax 2x/week. I was spending the weekend with an old friend of mine who is a doctor/famiy practitioner. I updated her on dd and mentioned her antibiotic regimen including the Tindamax. She looked it up and mentioned a black box warning about it being a possible carcinogen. Our doctor never mentioned anything about this. Has anyone else discussed this with their doctors. I appreciate any thoughts.

I just got home and looked it up myself and foudn the following:Tinidazole

• Carcinogenecity has been seen in mice and rats treated chronically with metronidazole, another agent in the nitroimidazole class. Although such data has not been reported with tinidazole, the two drugs are structurally related and have similar biological effects. Unnecessary use of this drug should be avoided.
  • Use should be reserved for conditions described in indications and usage

I had the same concerns last spring before we started on tindamax. Totally freaked. These studies helped...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9502459

http://www.cancernetwork.com/display/article/10165/66503

Unfortunately, tindamax is the best abx out there for cysts (besides flagyl, which carries the same or more risk). Hope these articles help a little. :wub:

Thank you, LLM. You are always so good about having studies, etc. I don't know where you get the energy to find all the information you do. I feel like I've run out of steam myself, so I am incredibly grateful that you've looked into this.

I had the same concerns last spring before we started on tindamax. Totally freaked. These studies helped...

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/9502459

http://www.cancernet...cle/10165/66503

Unfortunately, tindamax is the best abx out there for cysts (besides flagyl, which carries the same or more risk). Hope these articles help a little. :wub:

I don't know where you get the energy to find all the information you do.

It's called fear :D

One other option I just thought of - some LLMDs using abx pulsing to fight cysts instead of tindamax/flagyl. You go off abx for several weeks. This removes the threat the Bb sense and they come out of cyst form. Then you ambush them with a few weeks of abx. The survivors go back into cysts. So you go off abx again and they re-emerge. Then you ambush again. You pulse like this for several cycles. The first few cycles can be hard but it apparently works really well. My LLMD didn't do this much but then inherited patients from a guy who closed his practice. This guy used pulsing a lot and so our LLMD kept those patients on the protocol and he now uses it quite a bit.

So if you're still uneasy about the tindamax, pulsing with "regular" abx is another option.

We use grapefruit seed extract and have been for close to a year now. It has the herxes. It packs a punch. My son was on antibiotics for almost 2 years before we started treating for lyme. I know he built up the cyst form. We have been able to follow this through his strep titers. Strep is gathered in these and biofilm. It made so much sense to me as to why my sons titers kept fluctuating and still remaining. I have seen slow progression over time. I have pulsed this differently thoughout the months. Sometimes taking time off. It doesn't hurt that it treats candida as well. I'm sure occasionaly there is die off from that. Kathy

We use grapefruit seed extract and have been for close to a year now. It has the herxes. It packs a punch. My son was on antibiotics for almost 2 years before we started treating for lyme. I know he built up the cyst form. We have been able to follow this through his strep titers. Strep is gathered in these and biofilm. It made so much sense to me as to why my sons titers kept fluctuating and still remaining. I have seen slow progression over time. I have pulsed this differently thoughout the months. Sometimes taking time off. It doesn't hurt that it treats candida as well. I'm sure occasionaly there is die off from that. Kathy

Kathy,

Have you seen a decrease in your son's ASO titers since doing the grapefruit seed extract? My dd's titers have remained in the 500's and it is so frustrating to not see that number go down even more.

Kathy,

Have you seen a decrease in your son's ASO titers since doing the grapefruit seed extract? My dd's titers have remained in the 500's and it is so frustrating to not see that number go down even more.

yes slowly they have gone from the 500's as well to the low 300's. It makes sense finally why these were constant. You are reinfected after each cyst cycle and biofilm.